Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mod Resort - Suggestion

We have stayed at all the mods at one time or another. For us, POR or POFQ worked best. We found, for us, CSR and CBR too spread out with a young child- DD was 6 and then 8 when we stayed there. POR is spread out but we were in bldg 14- Alligator Bayou and it was the closest to the food court and bus stop. The only thing I dislike is the bus stop situation- too many stops and no method of keeping everyone in a fair line to get on. That's what I dislike about the deluxes too but, it is not that big of a deal to make me stop going to Disney. I am one of the ones who enjoys all levels of Disney resorts- they each have their pluses (and minuses). Good luck with your decision and have a great time planning your trip.

Laura
    Sunshine Rewards

chipndale is offline All this talk makes me want a ginormous glass of bubbly!

Just wanted to throw in my 2 cents. We stayed at CSR this past December and my parents were convinced that they were not going to enjoy the resort. We have always stayed at POR and there was no rooms available. To make a long story short, my parents loved CSR and booked it again for this December (wish I was going this year). The fountains and paths are very scenic and it makes a great romantic evening stroll. Have fun planning your trip.
    Go Pens! Sunshine Rewards

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

We stayed at POR last week and we had a car. We stayed in the Magnolia Bend section in the Oak something building and our parking spot was literally right down the walkway from our room. We LOVED it. We were in room 9088 if that helps. Our room was right next to the pool, although we didn't use it this time. The rooms were very nice and roomy. I love the two sinks. We were able to walk to the food court by walking over the little bridge which was in front of our building. We were away from the hustle and bustle of the resort so it was nice and quiet. LOVED Riverside and would stay there again in a heartbeat! Keep in mind though that we didn't need to use the Disney Transportation so I have no idea how close the bus stops were to our room but if you are taking your own car we had our own little parking lot on one side of our building and it was never crowded.
    Sunshine Rewards

Another POFQ fan here We have stayed at CSR and liked it a great deal, though we did find it rather large and spread out. There are so many wonderful things about POFQ, as others have said, but it's small size and quaint charm make it a real winner. The pool is terrific and I think any kid would absolutely love it. We had a river view and really enjoyed taking the boat to DTD to shop, eat and stroll around.
    Sunshine Rewards

Haven't read all the posts, but we LOVE POFQ. It is smaller than the rest of the resorts, and is simply beautiful!! We loved being right on the river! Also the bus picks up first in the AM and drops off first in the PM, so a win, win there!!
    Sunshine Rewards

arob414 is offline Was able to finally get home and get in a quickie

And, everywhere I go, tonight, people are snapping and beating or banging or something and I am lost.

Just made our reservations for May 22nd to May 31st. So excited, I can't stand it. We will be staying at POFQ, first time. The girls just look at me and say Wow!! (You would have to hear DD9's deadpan Wow, to really appreciate their sarcasm) 7 months, long time. They just shook their heads and walked away. They think their mom is nuts. I am...about the Mouse.

I like your ticker, will they have the P&P party then... BTW have a great trip and your not nuts! its DISNEY!
    -NOn DisBoards
    Next WDW: POP 09.04-14.08 & Free Dining
    Past WDW: 04.01, ASMO 07.05, 09.05, 09.06, 09.07.

arob414 is offline Was able to finally get home and get in a quickie

And, everywhere I go, tonight, people are snapping and beating or banging or something and I am lost.

Quote Originally Posted by bs4free View Post
    I like your ticker, will they have the P&P party then... BTW have a great trip and your not nuts! its DISNEY!
    I don't know, I just liked the ticker. And, thanks, I am looking forward to it. We haven't been in 3 yrs, I used to go every year, pre-children.

Well I think you and your children will have a great time!!!
    -NOn DisBoards
    Next WDW: POP 09.04-14.08 & Free Dining
    Past WDW: 04.01, ASMO 07.05, 09.05, 09.06, 09.07.

HEres my 2 cents , I vote POFQ the pool is just perfect for the kids! The other added feature is you can use both Port Orleans Riverside ammenties as well! Just a boatride away. You can also take the boat to downtown as well. The French quarter is a smaller reosrt but we liked that about it too.

PErsonally I appreciated the magic of the singing bushes in French quarter down by the pool!

Have a great time and good luck with your picks and you can always check out the resorts for your NEXT TRIP!!!!