Thread: Flowers I ordered were just delivered

Default Flowers I ordered were just delivered

They're not what I ordered!!!

I wouldn't let the delivery guy leave while I ran to my office and pulled up the picture.

I ordered a flat centerpiece for the table. They sent a beautiful Christmas bowl with pretty Christmas flowers but it's too high.

The delivery person called his boss who talked to me and they are going to remake the arrangement to what I wanted and come back. To be safe, I sent a picture. I KNEW there was a reason I ordered these for today and not tomorrow.

I ordered from 1800florals. When they sent the order to the florist, they didn't send a picture. They told him a round centerpiece with a candle. That's what he made and it was beautiful. Just not what I ordered.

The driver said he would be back this afternoon.

I haven't had good luck with flowers I have ordered online. Last year I ordered from FTD to be delivered on 12-23. I was having company Christmas Eve and wanted a centerpiece for the table. It never came. I called them and they gave me my $$ back but I had no flowers. Christmas Day, at 8am the doorbell rang and there were my flowers. I don't know if the florist was just backed up or if FTD re-ordered for me.

This is my first time ordering from 1800florals. They screwed up. Is it so hard to send a picture with the order?? Thank goodness as busy as he is today the owner of the flower shop is going to make it right. Might just order from him from now on.

The good news is, this year I know I will get my flowers when I need them.

I ordered this

The one I received is similar to this with a bowl instead of a basket.

Last edited by ~Kathie; 12-23-2009 at 11:30 AM.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

bbangel is offline Those of us on the fun coast can party some more!

I know what it's like to be stupid for days

Good thinking to give yourself an extra day but I'm sorry they didn't deliver what you ordered. I think the trouble is that they communicate on your behalf with a local florist who may or may not use the same standards. All the arrangements I've ordered on line have come mostly as I expected thank goodness.
    Sunshine Rewards

Isit 1800FLowers or Florals? I had that issue with 1800FLowers and they were awesome about fixing it.
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

I'm sorry. I do hope you get what you ordered.

This is the reason I don't order like I'd like too. They never send what you order. The last time I ordered two florals to be sent to two different people they both were terrible. Then they always offer you a fuller arrangement for a few more dollars and that still doesn't even look like the original on the website. My sister sent me a picture thanking me for the flowers and I was soooo embarrassed. The arrangement was an expensive mess. Nothing like what I ordered or was featured on their website. I called the florist and they said that they didn't have those particular flowers in stock!!!
    After that I decided never to order anymore flowers.

I should have learned my lesson when I ordered a standing floral to be sent to a funeral and when we arrived we kept looking for it and looking for it and never spotted it. Finally, we found a small planted 2.00 plant with our name on it. We were sooo ashamed and tried to explain the arrangement to the family.

As much as I love fresh flowers, I just do without.
    Sunshine Rewards

spring is offline Hey, there is no traffic better than all of us! They need to get a grip!

How frustrating! I'm glad the shop owner is willing to help. Hope the correct arrangement arrives soon.
    PAT - 21X SUPERMEMBER
    Sunshine Rewards

Update!! The flowers just came and I got exactly what I ordered.

The issue wasn't with the florist, it was with the company I ordered from, 1800Florals. I tried to order through 1800flowers but they don't deliver Christmas arrangements in my area. They had 2 arragements.....both cases of pink flowers. Strange.

The shop owner sent me a copy of the fax he got from the company. He also sent me the brochure with the arrangement name and number. The number in his book for the flowers I picked is different from the number on the website. Plus.....1800florals specified ROUND (in caps). You can see the one I wanted is not round.

The shop owner does great work....and I am very happy with my purchase. But who needs this stress at this time of year???

I am going to call the company....but not until after Christmas. Most likely wouldn't get through anyway.

I've talked a few friends today and it seems a lot of people have issues with floral deliveries. I don't blame you for being embarrassed Lisa in both instances. I would have been embarrassed too. That's terrible.

My sister ordered flowers for my mother She won't get onto SR), they arrived yesterday. They came by USPS and the mailman handed them to her so not like they were outside for any length of time. They were dead.......frozen. My sister was so upset. The company said they would replace them.

Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday and thanks for letting me vent.

I'm sorry, Kathie. That would be so frustrating and I'm glad it all worked out. I have to say that I ALWAYS use 800-FLORALS and have been very pleased with them in every instance. Hopefully your experience was just a fluke. The company has offered me excellent customer service, which is why I always use them.

I'm glad they arrived perfectly! Merry Christmas!
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by 3dog2kidmom View Post
    I'm sorry, Kathie. That would be so frustrating and I'm glad it all worked out. I have to say that I ALWAYS use 800-FLORALS and have been very pleased with them in every instance. Hopefully your experience was just a fluke. The company has offered me excellent customer service, which is why I always use them.
    Thanks Shelly for telling me that. I love the arrangement and the florist was great. I am going to call 1800 florals after the holidays.

I'm glad you ended up with what you ordered...sounds like a great florist to work with, since they were willing to make it right, even though the online co. was really at fault. What florist did the delivery?? Just wondering, because I might want to check them out in the future!

Have a wonderful Christmas!
    Sunshine Rewards