Thread: Best SR Merchant For Travel?

Default Best SR Merchant For Travel?

We're in the planning stages of a trip to Washington DC for the 3rd week of march, 2010, and i'd like to book the hotel through SR, if possible. Which site has the best rates? I checked out Expedia last night, but one of the hotels i was looking at is $26.00 cheaper through the hotel chain's website (with a AAA discount) than it is on Expedia. Any travel experts out there?

I'm not sure about the best rates, I always check them all and decide from there. I have used travelocity, hotels.com and best western all through SR with no problems at all.
    Robin

spring is offline Hey, there is no traffic better than all of us! They need to get a grip!

Quote Originally Posted by catnapfan View Post
    I'm not sure about the best rates, I always check them all and decide from there. I have used travelocity, hotels.com and best western all through SR with no problems at all.
    I agree with Robin. I've also had great luck with Orbitz. I booked through them a few weeks ago for two nights in a hotel for late January and already have my credit from them. Plus, if somebody books the same hotels at you cheaper, they will reimburse you within 6 weeks after your trip for the difference.

I have used travelocity and expedia before with good results, although this was prior to SR. I HAVE used hotels.com through SR and they usually credit about 2 to 4 weeks after your hotel stay.

Good luck with your ressies!
    PAT - 21X SUPERMEMBER
    Sunshine Rewards

thanks ladies i've only checked expedia thus far, but am getting pretty excited about the trip!

I could not love hotels.com more.

I have used expedia and orbitz, and they've been fine, but for some reason, hotels makes me happier.

Last time I used them it started to pend just over 10 days after the stay. But I just booked two last minute stays (I get to book hubby's work travel, YAY), hubby checked out of the first hotel on the 29th, and it started pending on the 31st. COOL.
    Sunshine Rewards