Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Give a Day Program

Default Give a Day Program

Anyone else sign-up for the Give a Day - Get a Day promotion? It took forever this morning, site was overloaded. I signed up for us to work in a Habitat Home Store. My DS18 worked in a Goodwill store all summer, this should be a piece of cake for him. I'm up for a free Disney day!
    Sammielynn
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

This morning, I spent a good deal of time looking at opportunities for our family. Since I have a 11 and 13 year old, the options are limited. Most had a minimum age of 15 in our area. We would need to travel to Philadelphia to volunteer and I'm not very excited about that. I'll keep checking back as they say opportunities will be added.
    Sunshine Rewards

no opportunities within 50 miles of us oh well. we were seriously considering washington dc this year anyway.

I'm also waiting for more opportunities to be added in my area.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

I just signed myself up to answer phones for our local PBS's pledge drive. There were actually a lot of opportunities in my area! Unfortunately, there weren't any that my children were old enough to help me with that were close enough, and my hubby's going to watch the kids while I do mine. He puts in tons of time with non-profits already, so don't know if he'll do this. But I was just planning on getting the fastpass option (which is for up to 5 people I think) anyway since we have multi-day tickets already! I'm looking forward to this!
    Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

I signed all four of us up yesterday -- to make origami or tissue flowers or cards the afternoon of MLK day that will later be delivered to senior care centers. I think it will be fun and worthwhile, and it's not too far from our house.

Quote Originally Posted by 3dog2kidmom View Post
    I signed all four of us up yesterday -- to make origami or tissue flowers or cards the afternoon of MLK day that will later be delivered to senior care centers. I think it will be fun and worthwhile, and it's not too far from our house.
    That sounds really nice! They didn't have ANYTHING like that around us, even though they had a lot listed. I was really disappointed that they didn't have anything within a 50 mile radius that my kids could do! But they do help me volunteer with other things...it just doesn't get us extra fastpasses

eta: I just looked again for the fun of it and clicked on an opportunity that was about 40 miles away that had a min. age of 6. It's making blankets for sick children, but you can make them at home and then deliver them to the center...so I just signed the family up for that one! I'm so excited that there was one for all of us to do...I don't mind driving that to deliver them!
    Last edited by lkat; 01-04-2010 at 11:09 AM.
    Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

bbangel is offline Those of us on the fun coast can party some more!

I know what it's like to be stupid for days

Most of the opportunities near me are much more long term. Many of them are difficult to get to if you don't have a vehicle as well. I'm hoping they add more short term opportunities so that more people will get involved. I've indicated interest in one so I hope I qualify!
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by lkat View Post
    eta: I just looked again for the fun of it and clicked on an opportunity that was about 40 miles away that had a min. age of 6. It's making blankets for sick children, but you can make them at home and then deliver them to the center...so I just signed the family up for that one! I'm so excited that there was one for all of us to do...I don't mind driving that to deliver them!
    Oh that sounds great!

I signed up me my husband and my 8 year old son for a beach clean up day. My 5 year old won't be able to do it cuz you have to be 6. We've never been to DisneyLand. We would only go for the one day we got in for free. What do you guys think about that only going for a day? I know people go there for a few days at a time. That's all we would be able to afford. How could we see DisneyLand in a day?
    Sunshine Rewards