Quote Originally Posted by 3dog2kidmom View Post
I'll admit it... we only volunteered to get the Disney tickets so we could squeeze in a park day before our cruise. I don't think anything is wrong with that. Kudos to those people who do have time and are able to volunteer regularly just because it makes them feel good or it's the right thing to do. Hopefully that will be us someday. It was fun doing a service project with the kids and we will probably do others in the future, meanwhile I work full-time, DH works 3 jobs, and with the kids' school and sports there really isn't time for much else. I suspect many families today especially in this economy are in similar situations.
Oops. I guess I shouldn't have generalized! See, you're not in the same category of the people who are ONLY doing this because there's something in it for them (I hope I understand that correctly).

You're taking advantage of this for your kids. I presume that, if your lives weren't so hectic (like mine) you would probably at least be willing to help out somewhere once in a while, right?

It's the people who absolutely won't even consider volunteering the other 364 days of the year - then go put in 8 half-butted hours of their time to get a ticket to Disney World - they bug me. Not you