Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Give a Day Program

Quote Originally Posted by 3dog2kidmom View Post
    I'll admit it... we only volunteered to get the Disney tickets so we could squeeze in a park day before our cruise. I don't think anything is wrong with that. Kudos to those people who do have time and are able to volunteer regularly just because it makes them feel good or it's the right thing to do. Hopefully that will be us someday. It was fun doing a service project with the kids and we will probably do others in the future, meanwhile I work full-time, DH works 3 jobs, and with the kids' school and sports there really isn't time for much else. I suspect many families today especially in this economy are in similar situations.
    Oops. I guess I shouldn't have generalized! See, you're not in the same category of the people who are ONLY doing this because there's something in it for them (I hope I understand that correctly).

You're taking advantage of this for your kids. I presume that, if your lives weren't so hectic (like mine) you would probably at least be willing to help out somewhere once in a while, right?

It's the people who absolutely won't even consider volunteering the other 364 days of the year - then go put in 8 half-butted hours of their time to get a ticket to Disney World - they bug me. Not you
    Mouse Unlimited - The Ultimate Disney Travel Agency
    Mouse Unlimited | MU Forum | MU Blog | MU Twitter | MU Facebook

According to Disney's website, they have reached their million participants and the program has ended.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/dis...t-A-Disney-Day
    Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by Leslie View Post
    According to Disney's website, they have reached their million participants and the program has ended.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/dis...t-A-Disney-Day
    Wow! That's shocking! Wasn't this promotion supposed to last most of the year to take the place of last year's thing where you got a ticket on your birthday?
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    Wow! That's shocking! Wasn't this promotion supposed to last most of the year to take the place of last year's thing where you got a ticket on your birthday?
    I think there was a person limit.....1,000,000. (thanks Leslie) At last count they were well over 600,000 and a lot of people had their appointments in. I think the article I posted made reference to it.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by ~Kathie View Post
    I think there was a person limit.....maybe 1,000,000. At last count they were well over 600,000 and a lot of people had their appointments in. I think the article I posted made reference to it.
    Correct. Disney's goal was to get 1 million people to volunteer (in exchange for a free 1-day ticket to a US Disney Theme Park).

They officially hit 1 million registrations and cut it off there. It was a great incentive that really helped out a lot of volunteer organizations, even in the wake of the Haiti and Chile catastrophes.

This was a continuation of the "Celebration" campaign from last year, which followed the "Year of a Million Dreams".
    Mouse Unlimited - The Ultimate Disney Travel Agency
    Mouse Unlimited | MU Forum | MU Blog | MU Twitter | MU Facebook