Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Give a Day Program

Quote Originally Posted by sammielynn View Post
    Got our e-mail today telling me to print out our ticket vouchers! Printing done!
    OMG, Sammie -- that was fast!! And you made 3 blankets? Nice!!!

Our (half) day of service is Monday. We are making origami &/or tissue flowers and decorating cards for residents of senior care facilites. So excited!!

I just contacted our local Project Linus coordinator. Hoping I get the go-ahead from her and we'll work on these next weekend. One of the few opportunities that would allow DD, age 11, to help. We're excited to get started.
    Sunshine Rewards

Good luck!
    Sammielynn
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

ligrumpygirl is offline Ahhhh...so you only like me for my Moose Munch??

Quote Originally Posted by fourfoxesinpa View Post
    I just contacted our local Project Linus coordinator. Hoping I get the go-ahead from her and we'll work on these next weekend. One of the few opportunities that would allow DD, age 11, to help. We're excited to get started.
    The one by me wants SIX blankets per person. That is a lot of materials to purchase.

I will keep looking....
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by ligrumpygirl View Post
    The one by me wants SIX blankets per person. That is a lot of materials to purchase.

I will keep looking....
    Ouch. I paid around $50 for the material for the three we made. It was on sale at Joann.com so I got SR credit!
    Sammielynn
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

We're all set up. 1 blanket per person. I'm going buy fleece on Thursday and we'll make them this weekend.
    Sunshine Rewards

I have completed 4 of the 6 blankets for ours (2 per person). Going to try to finish them up this weekend.
    Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by 3dog2kidmom View Post
    Our (half) day of service is Monday. We are making origami &/or tissue flowers and decorating cards for residents of senior care facilites. So excited!!
    Well we did our service day today and had a wonderful time. The group of us (they were expecting 100 but not sure how many were actually in the room -- not that many) made well over 500 tissue flowers and over 500 valentines cards (their goal) that they are going to distribute later to senior centers and nursing homes. We also put together 3000 child ID kits for the police department to distribute to families.

We finished everything in about 2.5 hours, including a 20-minute or so break with supplied snacks. We were supposed to stay 4 hours but since we finished the project they let us go and said they'd verify the hours with Disney since we finished everything! It was a GREAT experience that has inspired us to look for other volunteer opportunities to participate in as a family.
    Last edited by 3dog2kidmom; 01-18-2010 at 11:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 3dog2kidmom View Post
    Well we did our service day today and had a wonderful time. The group of us (they were expecting 100 but not sure how many were actually in the room -- not that many) made well over 500 tissue flowers and over 500 valentines cards (their goal) that they are going to distribute later to senior centers and nursing homes. We also put together 3000 child ID kits for the police department to distribute to families.

We finished everything in about 2.5 hours, including a 20-minute or so break with supplied snacks. We were supposed to stay 4 hours but since we finished the project they let us go and said they'd verify the hours with Disney since we finished everything! It was a GREAT experience that has inspired us to look for other volunteer opportunities to participate in as a family.
    Our vouchers came today

I just signed up at our local SPCA for this.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.