Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 3dog2kid Family's Less Than Magical Christmas Vacation

bbangel is offline Those of us on the fun coast can party some more!

I know what it's like to be stupid for days

Ah, you found the one thing that makes coming home more bearable - having another trip already planned!
    Sunshine Rewards

Default 14217

you have that right

Quote Originally Posted by arob414 View Post
    We are going in June, I am loving reading your report & making notes to myself. Note to self - breakfast at the Main Street Bakery.

Y'all accomplished alot! Did you use Tour Guide Mike? I just subscribed, first time. Last time we went, we had 10 days, which seemed like forever but because we did not plan well, our days just frittered away. Never will that happen, again. I have always had our days pretty well planned.

We are going with another family which will include a 2 yr old. It has been quite awhile since I did that and at the time, both of mine were little so this trip will be an experience trying to balance the needs of a 2 yr old, the needs of 3 teens (or, nearly teens) and two 50 somethings whose mentally have never grown up but whose bodies do get tired quicker than they used to. LOL

I made more notes to myself, based upon your trip. We want to do the Fantasmic show & dinner. Based upon what I understood with your report, you don't have to eat and go straight into the show? If so, that seems to give you more flexibility.
    Yes, Tour Guide Mike was right on... from which parks to do on what days, to where to watch the parades! I won't ever take another trip without him. One thing that was new for me this time that you may want to consider is giving the teens/almost teens some freedom. It made touring easier on me and gave me a chance to sit on benches and people watch, while the kids got to do what they wanted to do. We all had cell phones and kept in touch with text messages.

You do not have to go straight to Fantasmic after dinner. In fact your dinner may be early and your show will always be 6:30 -- then you can do whatever you want in between. We've always done the dinner package, and I recommend it. With the dining plan it's a good use of credits, too, because you get an appetizer with the package when you usually don't on the dining plan. We've done all 3 restaurants that offer the package now, and our favorite is Mama Melrose.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Kathie View Post
    I enjoyed your TR too. The pictures were amazing and I am humbled by the amount of stuff you did.

Since we have no kids with us anymore our trips are usually very laid back. I do remember the days of getting to the parks at rope drop. That was before fast passes existed.

The whole family (us, kids, grandkids and siblings) is going in October. Guess I'd better gear myself up for early morning and late nights.
    Thanks, Kathie. Early mornings/late nights - yes. But in October you can plan for some afternoon naps by the pool too

Quote Originally Posted by spring View Post
    I totally enjoyed your TR, Shelly. I'm "dragging" my DH to WDW in two weeks. Unlike many people on here, I like Disney, but am not obsessed with it. However, since we were going to be in Florida visiting friends and relatives anyway and I got a fantastic pin code for a Disney hotel, well, why not?

Having read all the details in your TR has pumped me up for the trip. Thanks for posting!
    Pat, I think my favorite trip was actually the one with my DH and no kids . Ya'll will have a blast!!

Love your TR! Kinda hate that we didn't make our trip for the holidays. Maybe this year! Even though the kids were taking Mini-Semesters in school, I was kinda hesitant about actually taking that leap of being away for the holidays away from extended family and all, but this year....hmm! LOL.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by Blessing and Miracle View Post
    Love your TR! Kinda hate that we didn't make our trip for the holidays. Maybe this year! Even though the kids were taking Mini-Semesters in school, I was kinda hesitant about actually taking that leap of being away for the holidays away from extended family and all, but this year....hmm! LOL.
    Lisa -- I can't tell you how nice it was to actually spend Christmas having quality family time without all the extended family drama. I am sure that probably doesn't happen in your house though! But for us it was pure heaven to have only us 4 to worry about and not trying to please everyone else. We are already starting to plan for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by 3dog2kidmom View Post
    Lisa -- I can't tell you how nice it was to actually spend Christmas having quality family time without all the extended family drama. I am sure that probably doesn't happen in your house though! But for us it was pure heaven to have only us 4 to worry about and not trying to please everyone else. We are already starting to plan for next year.
    You hit the nail on the head. I've gotten to the point where I'm tired of pleasing everyone else. My family is wonderful and all, but I'm tired of running from house to house. My side of the family and DH's side of the family, and before you know it, Christmas Day is over! We've been doing this now for almost 30 years. That sounds like Heaven, just us! I would definitely love that! Maybe, just maybe!
    Sunshine Rewards

Shelly,

I wanted to let you know that my DD18 lost her brand new Christmas camera at Disney on 1/5. She really didn't realize that it was "lost" until yesterday after she went thru all her stuff and we returned to Boardwalk Villas from the Treehouse Villas. The last time she remembered having it was on the 5th at our Sci Fi luncheon. She let us know last night so we had her call Lost and Found. It was closed but she called them this afternoon. She had to give them the third degree on the camera but they had it. They asked her to describe the camera and even what pictures were on it.

A couple of days earlier she had left her new Dooney and Bourke Disney purse at the Yak and Yeti. She remembered this right away so we went right back and it was already put in a managers office. Recovered.

So needless to say I do have a lot of faith in the people at Disney turning items in. If you didn't check with Disney I would give them a call as soon as you can.

Good Luck,
    Becky
    --Becky
    Wisconsin

Sunshine Rewards