Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 3dog2kid Family's Less Than Magical Christmas Vacation

arob414 is offline Was able to finally get home and get in a quickie

And, everywhere I go, tonight, people are snapping and beating or banging or something and I am lost.

Love reading your story, too. We are five months out and I am getting very excited. Love Germany, but don't remember the pretzel bread. Forgot about the new check in, will have to remember for our trip. Really want to know the meaning of your title "Less than magical...". Sounds good so far. This is like reading a book. (Pretend this is me reading and drinking coffee)

Thanks for all your replies. I'll have another installment after dinner.

Dori -- we were in the 50's section. The kids loved Pop, though I wish we'd had more time to explore the resort. It being such a short trip, we didn't have much time there at all really.

Dee -- I'm sorry you're not feeling well.

Cindy -- I don't take notes but remember from pictures (the link is on my facebook page if you want to take a look)

Stay tuned

ligrumpygirl is offline Ahhhh...so you only like me for my Moose Munch??

Quote Originally Posted by sunshinecindy View Post
    You make Disney actually sound like fun.
    Who would have thought we would hear this from Cindy?!!?
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by 3dog2kidmom View Post
    Thanks for all your replies. I'll have another installment after dinner.

Dori -- we were in the 50's section. The kids loved Pop, though I wish we'd had more time to explore the resort. It being such a short trip, we didn't have much time there at all really.

Dee -- I'm sorry you're not feeling well.

Cindy -- I don't take notes but remember from pictures (the link is on my facebook page if you want to take a look)

Stay tuned

I don't know how I missed your pictures! I'm looking at them now. Did you like Tour Guide Mike's recommendations? Looks like Animal Kingdom was deserted!

Dori

P.S. We had the same jungle cruise captain in August! LOL! It amazes me that you can go so frequently and still take 600 pictures!!!
    Last edited by bflohockey; 01-04-2010 at 08:47 PM.

Default Day Two: Friday, December 25 – Animal Kingdom

The morning came much too early, but a 5-hour energy shot and the anticipation of riding Everest helped us get ready quickly and we made it over to the food court for breakfast in plenty of time. Dave wasn’t feeling well so decided to head back to the room and catch up with us later. The rest of us shared two breakfast platters (still way too much food), I filled my mug with the hot liquid Disney calls coffee, and the bus was waiting as we arrived at the bus stop. It started to rain on the way to the park, so it was a good thing I’d brought my small umbrella and we all had rain jackets – I had picked up these packable jackets for the kids and myself at Cabela’s before the trip and they were well worth the money. I believe these will be constant companions on our Disney trips. Even though it lightly rained on and off most of the morning, we weren’t going to let that slow us down! It was Extra Magic Hours morning at Animal Kingdom and we wanted to beat the crowds.

Upon arrival we all headed straight for Expedition Everest, obtained Fastpasses, and jumped right on the ride. There were only a few people in the queue – everyone was running through the queue and jumping up and down so excited that there was no one there and that most of the cars on the train were empty – so we rode three times right away! The third time I rode in the back and decided that was enough, so I shopped a bit while the kids rode a few times more.

Next we headed to the safari for a Fastpass, and finding no one in line we rode that right away. There were so few of us on that journey the driver offered to let us stay on for another rescue mission. We declined since we still wanted to ride Primeval Whirl and Dinosaur before the crowds picked up. We all did PW once, and the kids rode twice more on their own before heading to Dinosaur, after which we found Dave in Dinoland and headed to Festival of the Lion King to watch the show together. Robert wanted to ride Everest a couple more times, so we dropped him off and arranged to meet at the Flights of Wonder show after FOTLK. Unfortunately I didn’t realize we couldn’t do both shows, so Rob watched FOW and we met him there afterwards. We decided just to eat lunch at Yak & Yeti and forego our Tusker House buffet reservations since none of us were all that hungry. We shared the lettuce cups, tempura shrimp with jasmine rice, and desserts of fried wontons with ice cream and cheesecake.

By that time Dave was feeling much worse, so after paying the bill I called Traci to find out where an urgent care center was and she was nice enough to come and take him there. Not wanting to ruin Christmas day for the kids, I stayed in the park with them and they rode Everest a few more times using the Fastpasses we’d gotten earlier in addition to jumping in the standby line a time or two. Grand total on EE for the day: Robert – 11 rides, Taylor – 9 rides, Shelly – 3 rides, Dave – 0 rides . By then the rain had picked up again so the kids decided to ride Kali River Rapids (twice) since they were already wet while I watched the monkeys, and then they wanted to go back and swim.

We left around 2:00 and the kids got some pool time and had Mickey bars while I had a bit of a rest and kept in touch with Dave, and talked to Traci about our plans for that evening. After swimming the kids shopped and we all got cleaned up for dinner. Meanwhile Dave returned with some antibiotics (the urgent care place has a van and will bring you home!) and went to bed.

Traci picked the kids and me up around 5:30, and we had a wonderful Christmas evening including delicious turkey and fixings with her and her family. We didn’t stay too late as we had an early date at the Magic Kingdom on Saturday. Thanks again, Traci, for a fantastic evening!!

What a day. We have been talking the last few days about how awful it would be to be sick in Disney. Poor guy.

That was really nice of Traci to have you over for Christmas dinner!
    <Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by wilsonfamily4 View Post
    That was really nice of Traci to have you over for Christmas dinner!
    Yep, she's an angel!!

I was sick at Disney once and ended up at Sand Lake Medical Center for several hours. Not fun. Poor Dave. Nothing worse than being sick away from home.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Very nice report! Sorry your DH wasn't feeling well. That sucks.

On our last visit our DD20 was sick and we had to push her around in a wheel chair for the remainder of the day. We also visted the Emergency services on the grounds. That's another story for another day. LOL.

Sounds like you all had a ball and that was very nice of Traci.

Are all of your pictures on FB only? I guess I'm gonna have to break on down and get an account.

Can't wait to read more.
    Sunshine Rewards

Thanks, ladies. Yeah, it was not fun. Sucked for me being on my own with the kids but I kept reminding myself that I wasn't the one laying in our room at Pop by myself in pain. Really wished I'd have put us up in a nicer hotel for his sake, lol.

Lisa, my pics are actually on Shutterfly with a link to my FB account. PM me your email address if you want and I'll send you a link to view the pictures.

And Dori, I know... 600 pictures Just remember that is the total taken by 3 of us. On our first trip I took about that many all by myself.