Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Artificial Eating

The high fructose corn syrup is a huge culprit in the 'fattening' of America, really. I don't totally ban every food that has it from my house, but I do try to be careful and selective about the foods we eat. Don't eat sugary cereal and don't drink pop in our house - even DH stopped buying himself pop, tho he can't leave cookies alone. He has absolutely NO metabolism problems though - at 53, he still weighs what he did in high school and is not soft at all! grrr (Actually, I don't have much trouble with weight gain either, because I'm active and DON'T eat cookies like he does!)
    I avoid aspartame as much as possible too - have heard less than wonderful things about it. Nutrasweet, too. I use Splenda or buy things with Splenda, because it seems to me to be more benign than other sweeteners - but I don't overuse it, either.
    Simply can't afford to go all organic either - if it cost less, I'd buy more!

We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give.

Has anyone tried Funky Monkey snacks? We started eating them last week and LOVE them! They are nothing but freeze dried fruit.

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    Has anyone tried Funky Monkey snacks? We started eating them last week and LOVE them! They are nothing but freeze dried fruit.

I am intrigued after reading your post. I'm going to check our Kroger's this week. If I can't find them, I'll check out Amazon! Thanks for the tip!
    Sunshine Rewards

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

I bought something similar at Costco. They came in a box with a bunch (don't remember how many but I'm thinking about 24) of 1/2 cup/.35oz bags. It had three varieties: Strawberry and banana, Fuji Apples, and Asian Pears. They are delicious and taste just like you were eating the fruit itself. I'm definitely going to buy more.

Looked on Amazon and these are the exact ones that I got at Costco and they were $12.99 for the box.
    http://www.amazon.com/Brothers-ALL-N...638648&sr=1-12
    Last edited by PSL1013; 01-04-2010 at 04:00 PM.
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

mmmm - the dried fruit sounds yummy. I love dried fruit and so do the kids; I'll have to check out a bulk deal.

We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give.

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

Quote Originally Posted by disney_girl View Post
    Is it the book "Master your Metabolism: The 3 Diet Secrets to Natuarally Balancing your hormones for a hot and healthy body"? I've read good things about this book.
    YES! That is the book. Here is what the Barnes & Nobles site says about the book and program:

"Michaels (Making the Cut; Winning by Losing), the strength trainer for television's The Biggest Loser, here addresses the influence that hormone balance-affected by estrogen, insulin, testosterone, cortisol, epinephrine, leptin, and others-has on weight loss. Various internal and external influences can cause hormones to over- or underproduce, resulting in not only weight gain but serious illness. Michaels's plan emphasizes natural foods, organically grown and unprocessed. She describes which foods affect which hormones and how plastics and pollutants in our air and water and additives in many different products can also cause imbalances. She makes a good case for not using bioidentical hormones. Michaels claims that most prescription drugs should be eliminated but does recommend doing this under a doctor's supervision. This generally responsible program is bound to be popular with the public. Not an essential purchase, but a good one if you need this type of material."
    Sunshine Rewards

Tricia- what is the texture like on the Funky Monkey snacks? Are they crunchy or chewy?

I looked at the library for the Jillian Michael's book- very popular! Has about 10 requests for it right now- that could take a very long time! I may just get it- I've heard it's a good source!
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by PSL1013 View Post
    I bought something similar at Costco. They came in a box with a bunch (don't remember how many but I'm thinking about 24) of 1/2 cup/.35oz bags. It had three varieties: Strawberry and banana, Fuji Apples, and Asian Pears. They are delicious and taste just like you were eating the fruit itself. I'm definitely going to buy more.

Looked on Amazon and these are the exact ones that I got at Costco and they were $12.99 for the box.
    http://www.amazon.com/Brothers-ALL-N...638648&sr=1-12
    Hungry Girl recommended these when she recommended the Funky Monkey snacks! I just couldn't find them in my area. I may have to look at those, too.

Quote Originally Posted by disney_girl View Post
    Tricia- what is the texture like on the Funky Monkey snacks? Are they crunchy or chewy?
    Definitely not like a fruit chew. Crunchy. More crunchy than even the dried fruit in a trail mix.

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    Definitely not like a fruit chew. Crunchy. More crunchy than even the dried fruit in a trail mix.
    Thanks! That's definitely something I would like and I would have a better chance getting the kids to try/like! I am going to give these a try!
    Sunshine Rewards

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

I just ordered the Jillian Michael's book. I can't wait to see what it has to say. I will let you know when I get it what I think.
    Sunshine Rewards