Thread: How to get an update on a trouble ticket

Default How to get an update on a trouble ticket

Just curious on how to get an update on a trouble ticket. I made a purchase from Best Deal Magazine on 12/14 and submitted a ticket on 1/3 since it didn't show as pending in my account history. The ticket still shows as "under SR review".

Quote Originally Posted by bensbud View Post
    Just curious on how to get an update on a trouble ticket. I made a purchase from Best Deal Magazine on 12/14 and submitted a ticket on 1/3 since it didn't show as pending in my account history. The ticket still shows as "under SR review".

It takes some time for Tricia and or Cindy to investigate TT's. If it is under review it means that they are looking into the stats on their end to see if they can find your credit in their records so they don't have to submit it to the merchant.

People have reported they they have been logged out of SR (unintentionally) and there for the credit has no ID (your member #). If SR has a credit with no ID....they can match it up with the order number and or the amount of the sale.

For some merchants SR can only submit the trouble tickets once a month or once a quarter. I don't know which merchants do that, but that may be the problem of nothing happening.

As far as getting notification...when you first fill out the TT there is a box on the bottom of the form to click if you want to be notified by email when the TT is changed. You have to check the box when you file the TT. There isn't a way to get information after the filing other than to go to look at the TT and see if there are any changes.

Hope that helps.

And welcome to the forum!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

It may take awhile before your TT status changes. SR has to submit it to the merchant for review and wait to hear from them before they can notify you. I usually get an email that the status has changed, but I check periodically anyway. I have had resolution to a TT in a week or two, but sometimes it can take a month. It's pretty much all in the hands of the merchant. Hope you get credit!
    Mary Lynn
    Proud to be SR member #6669

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away."