Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who is a DVC Owner

Default We totally agree!!

Quote Originally Posted by ~Kathie View Post
    It's one of the best investments we ever made.
    We purchased 250 points at SSR back in 2005 while we were staying at the All Star Music. Before even coming down for our first DVC vacation we added 150 more points at SSR. All purchased thru Disney.

My "Nay" saying brother in law who always goes with us thought we had done the "dumbest" thing in the world. While two DVC trips later he purchases 150 SSR points. (200 Disney dollars for us as a referral).

Since it is DH, me, DBIL, DD20 and DD18 most of the time we allow the girls to bring friends or we bring DGD7. We've also brought our sons and their families down with us. We never have enought points and are always borrowing but with 550 points we don't want to purchase anymore.

We have ourselves spoiled and we like to take 2 week vacations so that is why we run short of points.

Every trip is a memory. A couple of memories so far have been that our son asked his girlfriend to marry him, seeing our granddaughter table dive whenever a masked Disney Character came within 20 feet, watching that same granddaughter get to meet Jasmine and fly the magic carpet ride with Jasmine and Aladin. And there have been so many more good times. In fact I am setting at our Boardwalk View Villa typing this.

This was by far one of the best decisions that we have ever made....
    --Becky
    Wisconsin

Sunshine Rewards

We own 200 points at Saratoga Springs. We bought on our honeymoon in 2008 - also my first trip! I had no idea what I was getting into

Though it was a lot of money, we are able to take fabulous vacations. I love the accommodations. I love getting to eat my own breakfast in the room. Since we've bought, I've been able to stay at VWL, BLT in a MK view (with friends who own there), and Kidani Village with a savanna view. I'd never get to stay in great places like those without DVC.

m4travels is offline Deep breaths, everyone. Stay calm. Back away from the computer.

DVC owners here as well. We started out with Saratoga Springs and then did add-on contracts at OKW, BWV, VWL, and lastly VGC out here in CA. We've just recently put our SSR points up for sale as life is changing right now with job situations but when those points sell (hopefully just a short time down the road) we'll still have 335 points to use on a yearly basis.

Just as a heads up.....the new point schedule for 2011 has been spotted and there have been reallocations for the 2011 Use Year.
    Dude
    Oh, the tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

We initially bought 120 pts. at the BCV in 2004 while at WDW on vacation, came home and added on another 100 pts....about 6 months later added on two contracts with 50 pts each, so we own 320 pts. total. We bought enough to stay in a studio just the two of us and a 1 bedroom if anyone wants to join us? Lately it's only been the two of us in a 1 bedroom because we have been cruising the other half of the year. Love my 1 bedroom and now I'm spoiled with the washer and dryer and not having to bring luggage with us. Staying in a studio with two girlfriends for one night in February before our Disney cruise. Love sharing the magic and we have not regretted the purchase for one second.
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

We bought 100 points at Hilton Head in 2006. So far we have used them for a trip to Hilton Head, a trip to Disney, and starting to plan a 2012 trip.

We have 33 points that we will most likely be transferring or renting after March 1 if anyone is interested.
    Sunshine Rewards

ligrumpygirl is offline Ahhhh...so you only like me for my Moose Munch??

Quote Originally Posted by m4travels View Post
    DVC owners here as well. We started out with Saratoga Springs and then did add-on contracts at OKW, BWV, VWL, and lastly VGC out here in CA. We've just recently put our SSR points up for sale as life is changing right now with job situations but when those points sell (hopefully just a short time down the road) we'll still have 335 points to use on a yearly basis.

Just as a heads up.....the new point schedule for 2011 has been spotted and there have been reallocations for the 2011 Use Year.
    GASP! Dude...selling SSR?? I think you should just keep them and allow your fellow SRers use the points!!
    Sunshine Rewards

m4travels is offline Deep breaths, everyone. Stay calm. Back away from the computer.

Quote Originally Posted by ligrumpygirl View Post
    GASP! Dude...selling SSR?? I think you should just keep them and allow your fellow SRers use the points!!
    Yeah, this a surprise, huh? Both contracts have sold (rather quickly, too) and both should close around the same time in March. Life is changing a bit. Nuestra nueva casa será en San Miguel de Allende.
    Dude
    Oh, the tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by m4travels View Post
    Yeah, this a surprise, huh? Both contracts have sold (rather quickly, too) and both should close around the same time in March. Life is changing a bit. Nuestra nueva casa será en San Miguel de Allende.
    Holy smokes!!! No more SR for Dude and PD.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

ligrumpygirl is offline Ahhhh...so you only like me for my Moose Munch??

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    Holy smokes!!! No more SR for Dude and PD.
    Hope you mean SSR and NOT SR!
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by ligrumpygirl View Post
    Hope you mean SSR and NOT SR!
    No Sunshine Rewards en San Miguel de Allende. Unless of course they also keep some kind of US residence for other purposes. Maybe I will all of a sudden have to start looking for Mexican surveys. LOL!
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs