Thread: Itouch Anyone???

Default Itouch Anyone???

We are trying to decide what to get for a birthday present for my son who is soon to be 11.

My husband was thinking the flip, because he likes to take videos but he usually uses our camera for making videos. But, then he thought maybe the Ipod Nano because it takes videos and plays music. However I was reading that those videos aren't too great. My son is artistic and likes to record plays and mini movies and does stop motion animation on the computer.

I was thinking about an Itouch because it has games, music etc.

Does anyone out there have any suggestions/comments on these items. He does not NEED a phone but I was wondering which of these three gadgets would be the most fun and most useful to a boy.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or comments!!
    Thanks bs4free!
    Sunshine Rewards

I would suggest the Itouch. I got my husband one a couple years ago and he loves it. I actually have fallen in love with a game on there and now I'm addicted. There are plenty of free aps that can be downloaded on the Itouch and it is so much fun to play with. You can watch movies, play games, or listen to music. You can store all the pictures you want. We have the 8GB and it has tons of storage space. I think your son would be very happy with this as a gift.

Thank you, I was hoping some people would log in with opinions. I am happy to hear he still loves it even after a couple of years. I think this would be a gift that would hold his interest for years to come.
    Thanks bs4free!
    Sunshine Rewards

It depends. I got my nephew a flip in February for his 13th birthday, he loved it. He just bought himself an ipod touch. They are awesome, but the internet access, as well as the availabilty of games and apps, might make me lean towards a Nano or a Classic. What about a digital camera that takes video and photos?
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

Do the Nano and the Classic have more games and apps than the Itouch?
    I haven't had any experience with any of them.
    Thanks bs4free!
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by MdCaterer View Post
    Do the Nano and the Classic have more games and apps than the Itouch?
    I haven't had any experience with any of them.
    The Nano and Classic have no apps, and fewer games.
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

DD10 got a Touch for her tenth birthday, and she got a Flip last Christmas (a year ago). She loves the Touch - it has almost completely replaced her Nintendo DS for riding in the car, being on a plane, etc. There are lots of free or low cost games and apps, and we have put some digital copies of Disney movies on her Touch so she can watch movies. The screen is bigger than the Nano screen, plus you get all the other capabilities.

It does have internet access, so you should be aware of that. DD can connect to our wireless network at home and theoretically can login to WiFi other places, but she hasn't. The rules are the same for us as computer rules - we need to know where she is going and she is not to download anything without permission, even if it is free.

She loves her Flip as well, but it serves a different function. She and her friends make up fun skits and movies, and she makes videos of vacations, activities, etc. She has gotten a lot of use out of it and still uses it frequently after a year.

It's hard to choose between the two since they perform different functions, but she has enjoyed both.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Thanks for the information Hedy! And thank you StitchandPoohs Mom you post cleared up alot. I am thinking he is the right age for the touch and he will get alot of use out of it. He has a computer at home so he is responsible (LOL, as far as I can tell and I do keep tabs on the internet use).

Maybe his Grandmother can get him the Flip for another ocassion!

Thanks for the input!!
    Thanks bs4free!
    Sunshine Rewards