Thread: gamefly.com

Default gamefly.com

How does this work with the credit? It says 5% on purchases, but it's a subscription service. And has anyone used them?
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

I've bought gift certificates for my subscription in the past and gotten credit, although the last time I had to file a TT. It's a good service to rent games, but I got a little annoyed with them because when a game would be slow getting to me, I couldn't report it as missing for a week. I've been a member of Blockbuster and Netflix as well -- Netflix lets me report a movie as not here in 3 days and will send me a new one or my next pick. I'm not sure if any of the other game rental services take that long to deal with slow shipments, but based on the experience I'd had in the past with the movie rentals, I thought it was ridiculous.

Since it's a shopping credit, I used to buy a new GC each time I needed to pay, except one time when I forgot! That allowed me to maximize my SR credits.
    "Tomorrow I start with a clean blanket."

Sunshine Rewards

So how did the gift card work with your subscription? Don't you have to give them a credit card when you sign up? how do you pay with the gift card? I just got my husband an xbox for Valentine's day. figured this would be a great way for him to try out games without spending $50 a pop for the stupid things!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Yes, they do have to have a credit card on file to charge each month. I would actually reccommend you just create the one account, buy the certificate thru SR, and then use it for your payment. I did not have any problem doing that, although I did make a second account the first time. They only have ONE CC on file this way.

You can choose to print or email your GC. Inside your email should be something to activate it. If you choose to print it, I think they still send a confirmation email with the details, but I can't remember for sure.

To pay with your GC, you can log into your account and under My Account, on the right is a place to redeem a GC.

It's definitely a more cost efficient way to rent games and try them out to see if you like them or not!
    "Tomorrow I start with a clean blanket."

Sunshine Rewards