Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Disney Movie Club

Default Disney Movie Club

So there were a few Disney movies I wanted to get my DD's, so after debating over this (for a couple of years) I decided to just do it since even paying the $19.95 for the rest of them isn't costing us much more than buying from the local stores we usually do.

But...I'm browsing the site, and I can't find ANY movies that are $19.95! They're all discounted! And they say that they have to be the $19.95 movies to count towards my agreement (unless otherwise stated, but none say anything about that). How is this supposed to work? Is only the "Featured Title" that they send info out about (or eventually the movie itself) the one that is the full price?
    Married to my soul mate for 6 years. Mama to 3 in arms and 2 in heaven!

Up towards the top, if memory serves, there should be something to click on about the special offers. In there, there should be a way to "turn off" the special offers.

That should enable you to just fill your cart with full priced movies and finish up the requirements of the program quicker!

And then the fun starts, b/c when you finish the requirements, you become a VIP member, and the offers get even better.
    Sunshine Rewards

Oh awesome, I'll go check! Thanks! I didn't realize there were perks to staying a member after fulfilling the agreement! Do they still do the "featured movie" thing that you have to stay on top of even after that?

Yes, they do still have the featured movie.

One of the perks is that you get a free pin...every month or so they have a specific pin you can add to your cart. You do have to add it to the cart, though, or you don't get it.
    Sunshine Rewards

Huh, well I'm lost! I can't find anywhere to turn off the special offers, and I can't find ANY movies that will qualify as my $19.95+ movie. I was wondering, do you think I have to receive my first ones first? I ordered them on the 28th (well, earlier than that but that's when they approved it or whatever) and they still say "processing" in my account. I wonder if once that all goes through something will change? How long does it take to get the movies, anyway?

To try to help, let me ask a question or two.

When you're looking around and seeing prices, are you noticing that the higher price is in grey and crossed out, with the lower price in red?

If so, that means it's part of the sale, and you generally have to buy at least one at full price, then the rest will be at the sale price. So if you put that FIRST one in your cart then look at your cart, you should see the FULL price.

I was recently thinking of getting some movies, and there were two offers going on. I would swear that there was a way for me to "turn off" one so I could get the other deal...but I can't find the info.

I can't find anything in the FAQ, but they have this: "1-800-362-4587 from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Eastern Time Monday-Friday". They might be able to walk you through it!

Then again, it could be because you don't yet have your first order. Sorry I can't help more!
    Sunshine Rewards

Yes, they are the prices in red with the gray ones crossed out...but I can't find any withOUT the sale price so none qualify. I guess I'll give that number a call if it's still that way after I get my first order.

Thanks for your help!

I think you are looking at the 50% off price. Almost always, they run a "buy one get one 50%" off sale. They show the regular price in gray crossed off and the sale price in red. You must buy the first movie at the regular price to get the second one at the sale price.

I just put UP in my cart, twice. The first copy is $24.95, the second one is $12.48.

Clear as mud?
    Fanofree

Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by fanofree View Post

I just put UP in my cart, twice. The first copy is $24.95, the second one is $12.48.

Clear as mud?
    Exactly. Just put one in your cart, and look at the cart. With only one, it will show FULL price.

If you want to order others, at full price, along with that one...that's what you're going to need to find the way to "turn off" the sale/take off the code for...
    Sunshine Rewards

Sorry, I forgot to add that to my last post. I did add multiple ones to my cart, never got one at full price, only the sale prices. That's why I'm wondering if it has to do with just barely having signed up or something? I don't know...