Thread: Child Leash?

Default Child Leash?

I have a very active 20 month old that hates her stroller. I'm looking for one of the child leash type things that have like the animal around it. I have no idea what they are called. If anybody could help me out with a name or where to get them I would greatly appreciate it. I will never make it at WDW without something to hold her back.

I got mine at wal-mart. It was red and had elmo on it. You can also find the ones with animals at toys-r-us or Target. If ya have time to order one, check out the SR shopping with Toys-r-us or Target and you can get a percentage back!
    LydiaSunshine Rewards

Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

Although the harnesses don't work for DS (people will negatively compare them to dog leashes, but I don't see anything negative about that connotation b/c it implies that we care for our children....so when I say that DS behaves like an undisciplined sled dog trying to break a sled out of the ice, I mean it with love and affection...and frustration that they just don't work with DS), I bought a boring Safety 1st one from a general "big box" baby store, and I got one with a bear at Target.

He likes wearing them, but either needs to hold the lead himself (making it useless for its purpose) or runs to the end and slams to a stop, OR goes to the end then leannnnnnnnns way out until you are pulling to keep him upright while thinking "maybe if I let go just this ONE time, he'd learn some lesson and behave properly with it"...
    Sunshine Rewards

arob414 is offline Was able to finally get home and get in a quickie

And, everywhere I go, tonight, people are snapping and beating or banging or something and I am lost.

Quote Originally Posted by mollyeilis View Post
    Although the harnesses don't work for DS (people will negatively compare them to dog leashes, but I don't see anything negative about that connotation b/c it implies that we care for our children
    Yrs ago, when I was at WDW with my sister and her children, someone made a negative comment about people who use these things. My sister turned around and said something like "oh, and it is good to let them run around and get trampled, lost or worse?" That person didn't expect her to comment, turned red and shut up. Go, Sis!

Good for her!

My mom used harnesses with me and my brother, and leashes with our malamutes (hence my knowledge of sled dogs, LOL). At the same time (picture an itsy woman, all of 5'1", doing that!). She loved us all and didn't want anything bad to happen to anyone.

We had one of the ones that links your wrist to the kid's wrist when DS6 was little. Some 18/19 year old in the airport made a really rude comment in front of me about "When *I* have kids I will never put them on a leash." It was at that moment that I realized just how much you do when you have kids that you never thought that you would do! We used ours in the airport and in Disney World.

Have you tried One Step Ahead? They seem to have a lot of stuff like that.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs