Thread: Newbie here who needs some help!

Default Newbie here who needs some help!

I have a couple of questions to ask the professionals:

I have been intrigued about taking a WDW trip sometime next year.

1. I was wondering how long has it taken you to accumulate, let's say, 1000 points into your account ( I know that each one may different, I am just looking for a rough estimate).

2. Can you use Disney Gift cards to pay for your stay at WDW? (Meaning if I have $1000 in Disney gift cards, can I call and make a reservation using the disney gift cards to pay for our rooms, tickets and the dining plan)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lswheatly View Post
    I have a couple of questions to ask the professionals:

I have been intrigued about taking a WDW trip sometime next year.

1. I was wondering how long has it taken you to accumulate, let's say, 1000 points into your account ( I know that each one may different, I am just looking for a rough estimate).

2. Can you use Disney Gift cards to pay for your stay at WDW? (Meaning if I have $1000 in Disney gift cards, can I call and make a reservation using the disney gift cards to pay for our rooms, tickets and the dining plan)

Thanks
    1. I think everyone is different for this. It really depends on how much time you invest in it. It took me 11 months to earn $1000.

2. Yes, you can use your Disney gift cards to pay for hotels, tickets, dining plan etc. You can pay using your gift cards online or call and provide the numbers. You can also use them at the parks.

Good luck and happy earning!
    Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

My balance has taken me since June 2006 to accumulate. I've used Disney GCs for just about everything including paying my trip off on the Disney website.
    Sunshine Rewards

1. I think it took me roughly 16 months to reach a 1,000 points. I average around 60 points a month. I've been sunshining since May 2008 and have earned a little more than $1300. I mostly do survey and used to do freebies a lot. Only a small portion was earned shopping.

2. You can use the disney gift cards for just about anything. We used our disney gift cards for food, souveneirs and AP upgrades. If you are using it to book a trip, DO NOT THROW YOUR GIFT CARD AWAY. In the event you need to cancel, disney can only refund to your original method of payment. If you paid by gift card and it was thrown away, there is no way to get it back.
    Sunshine Rewards

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

How quickly it accumulates really depends on several things:

1. How much time you invest. If you come on everyday and attempt the three daily surveys everyday you could make at least 30-60 dollars a month and it wouldn't cost you a penny. The three surveys are .90, .90 and .50 per day and just require time and patience.

2. How much you are willing to do. If you are willing to take the time and energy needed to do the freebie offers you can make a good amount doing 2-5 of those a day and they don't require any money.

3. How much shopping you do. The quickest way to rack up the money is to purchase everything online through SR. They have so many great merchants and amazing coupons and cash back rates. These add up quickly. Many even have free shipping. I rarely shop in stores anymore because it is easier and I get cash back to do so on SR.

Good luck and feel free to ask questions if you have any!
    Sunshine Rewards