Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Opinons needed

I've actually still been adding quite a few offers but am not seeing many people try them. I wonder if it is because I separated out the "freebies" that people are not seeing them?
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    I've actually still been adding quite a few offers but am not seeing many people try them. I wonder if it is because I separated out the "freebies" that people are not seeing them?
    I was an avid freebie completer but with this being a horrible work year since October/November I haven't been able to try them as much as I have in the past. In fact, about all I have been able to do lately is shop through SR and complete the daily survey. Hopefully this will change in 2 weeks.

With that said, I haven't been bothered with them moving into their own section but those who aren't frequent visitors to the forums might not know about it and could be missing them.
    Sunshine Rewards

I too used to do alot of offers, but I was having problems with my laptop and my computer guru (my nephew) told me he would not look at or fix my computer any longer if I continued with offers. The surveys were fine, but he was finding alot of stuff on my laptop that he believes was coming from clicking on so many of the items you must click on in order to complete an offer. To be honest, since I've stopped doing them, I've had absolutely no software type problems. Hardware is another story. The hinge has broken and it's being fixed.

I don't want to scare anyone away from doing offers. If you're able to do them with no problems go for it. I loved doing them and getting the credit, but I don't miss the problems I was having and since my computer knowledge is becoming increasingly limited, I have to rely on my nephew for support.
    Barb

I really dislike that the freebies and offers have been separated.... mainly because I can't figure out what is the difference between them... I tend to look at the freebie section, so I'm sure I'm missing offers that I might like to do. I'm usually more into doing freebies versus paid offers... though I have done one or two... but what I consider a freebie like joining a survey site... is also put into offers, and not freebies...even though it costs nothing. Because I'm being force to look at one or the other... I miss what is in the offer section because it is now something I have to actively look at knowing that I probably don't want to do most of them... so thus I miss the few I might do because it is now more of a bother.

I love the new traffic lights that give good feedback on the freebies. I love that sunshine rewards really screens the offers, so I can be 99.9% sure that I'll be safe doing offers here. Other sites might offer more freebies... but it isn't worth the risk... SR is the only site to do freebies on. As a professional in the computer security field. I know my computer hasn't "caught" anything from the offers on SR.

I miss the freebie contests that helped motivate me to do freebies, as it gave it a social/party atmosphere.

Thank you for all the effort you put into making SR better each day. I love how you ask us, and listen to us in helping to shape the future of SR.
    Last edited by faithhope; 02-13-2010 at 09:22 PM.
    Faith
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Proud to be SR member #3129

andrea2289 is offline I might even start my Sunshining with a big bowl of Baskin-Robbins Chubby Hubby

I am still a pecker!

Tricia I didn't know they had been separated until about a week ago. I must have missed the announcement, and was just so used to going straight to 'all offers', I never even noticed the new Freebie category.

Quote Originally Posted by faithhope View Post
    I love the new traffic lights that give good feedback on the freebies. .
    Me too!! Love the traffic lights!

Quote Originally Posted by faithhope View Post
    As a professional in the computer security field. I know my computer hasn't "caught" anything from the offers on SR.
    I haven't either. As long as you have a good spyware/malware/virus protection, and know how to keep your computer 'clean', you should be fine.
    ANDREA - 5x SUPERMEBER
        Sunshine Rewards

Here's a little background on why we separated out the freebies. We were having a LOT of trouble with people joining SR and then doing the "most popular" offers in the list as soon as they signed up with us. They didn't understand that those "offers" were basically them selling their information. We lost a lot of new members because they thought WE started spamming them. We even had people threaten to sue us because they said that we violated our privacy policy.

The other thing is that the FTC is taking a hard stance on the freebie offers. They are saying that if you do not clearly mark the requirements for the offers, you can be held liable for false advertising. So we wanted to make the site absolutely clear what those offers mean. On the other hand, we didn't want to scare people off from doing the more legitimate surveys and offers.

It was a hard decision because we knew it meant that our profits would go down and we might lose some business. But I feel very strongly that it was the most ethical thing to do so that new members to the site wouldn't get confused anymore and have information sold that they didn't want sold.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Tricia - have you thought about having a glossary or some other link on the news page to explain out what is what and where to find things? I know it all seems kind of obvious to me because I'm on here multiple times per day but maybe that would be helpful to others.

I wonder if people would read it or just ignore it.
    Sunshine Rewards

andrea2289 is offline I might even start my Sunshining with a big bowl of Baskin-Robbins Chubby Hubby

I am still a pecker!

Or maybe an FAQ or 'Start Here'. When I first started SR I was very confused. I am computer savvy and was able to figure things out pretty easily but a lot of people need some sort of guide. If the forum is the only place to get help, that information might need to be prominent on the main site. Many people expect the help pages to be on the main site and wouldn’t think to go to the forum for that information. Some of my referrals have told me they were just too confused and never made it past the first few dollars. That may sound silly to those of us who have been around a while but I can remember being VERY confused when I started. IMO, that the more successful SR members are, the more excited and motivated they’d be and you might see an increase in forum chatter/involvement (trying to stay on topic lol).
    ANDREA - 5x SUPERMEBER
        Sunshine Rewards