Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Opinons needed

I love the forums... I'm here as much as I've always been... I check in multiple times a day... but there isn't as much activity...

I don't mind the coupons ...the fandango ones are annoying... but I've learned to put up with them.

I just have nothing to respond to... or if I feel like I get little response to anything I post. As one that has been on the forum a while... I miss the way it used to be... more personal stories, more trip stories, more games, more chats.

I don't find the posts negative, just honest mildly frustrated people now and then... it actually helps me to know when surveys are having problems or others aren't having much luck... it allows me to know my computer is ok, that it is a problem on their end, or at least I'm not the only one with a problem.... or it gives me confidence in the reviews to know that people are allowed to post negative...so if I see a vendor with all positive reviews it is honest and worth me looking at.

I'm still here, waiting for it to be more lively... I appreciate all the posts on good offers, and the games... and general chat. I hope you find a way to get the conversation going again...I don't have any constructive solutions... just wanted to say I'm still here and I'm still a big fan.

Just want to mention that following Tricia and Cindy and other SRers on Twitter has helped me keep that in touch feeling, because we don't have chats anymore.
    Faith
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Proud to be SR member #3129

I revntly joined the forum and love coming. I try to visit twice in a day because since I am starting, I am still trying to learn my way around here.

I've seen the coupons heading, but I use the main forum headings, like Announcements and general discussion, and go to the ones that interest me. I check the forum every morning to see what's going on but I don't post alot because I don't have a lot to add to that days topics. I loved the birthday fun and that kind of stuff brings me to the forum more often, even if it is between doing laundry, taking care of new DGS, and cooking. I also work during the day so that limits my time to come on the site since it's blocked at work (The gall of them!) I guess they do realize I would get NO work done if they didn't.

The coupon information doesn't bother me because it's in a different section and I can go there to see what's on sale. Just like I didn't remember I needed to buy some ink for this ink-drinking printer until I read the Did you print your coupons today thread. Then I went in search of coupons/discounts for that.

The negativity doesn't bother me exactly, but it does bother me for you (the first family of Sunshine) if it seems to be accusational or aimed at you or could be taken that way. Then again, I think that may just be my protective side that doesn't want anything negative said about SR! I usually overlook the negativity since I use to live with someone that was always negative. I learned early to just turn most of that off. Someone else's negativity is there's to own and I prefer to be positive (yes, my glass is half full).

Basically, I have written all this to say, keep up the good work! We love it here!!
    Sunshine Rewards

Graduate of the College of Disney Knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by faithhope View Post
    I love the forums... I'm here as much as I've always been... I check in multiple times a day... but there isn't as much activity...

I don't mind the coupons ...the fandango ones are annoying... but I've learned to put up with them.

I just have nothing to respond to... or if I feel like I get little response to anything I post. As one that has been on the forum a while... I miss the way it used to be... more personal stories, more trip stories, more games, more chats.

I don't find the posts negative, just honest mildly frustrated people now and then... it actually helps me to know when surveys are having problems or others aren't having much luck... it allows me to know my computer is ok, that it is a problem on their end, or at least I'm not the only one with a problem.... or it gives me confidence in the reviews to know that people are allowed to post negative...so if I see a vendor with all positive reviews it is honest and worth me looking at.

I'm still here, waiting for it to be more lively... I appreciate all the posts on good offers, and the games... and general chat. I hope you find a way to get the conversation going again...I don't have any constructive solutions... just wanted to say I'm still here and I'm still a big fan.

Just want to mention that following Tricia and Cindy and other SRers on Twitter has helped me keep that in touch feeling, because we don't have chats anymore.
    I feel much the same way. I miss the fun and overall "chattiness" of the forums the way it was a year or more ago...it was fun to be here and participate and you always felt like if there was something special going on in your life you could post about it and have people respond, or you could show your support or enthusiasm for others as they posted. There has been much less of that lately.

I try to get on briefly every day before work and send birthday wishes if there are any b-days, and just see if there is anything new, in particular, but often there isn't lately. I also check in at least once later in the da but often there are very few other people on.

Personally, I am a very busy lady...I check into FB often throughout the day, as I used to with the SR forums when there was a lot more activity. I know that if there is a great deal that Tricia will post it on FB, then I can come here and find out more.

Also, I think people just generally get busy and attention wanes after a while...

I love the friendships I have made here, but I know it is a lot easier for people to walk away from online friendships than those that are face to face, so when things get busy...

I also think a lot of people came over to this forum from that other forum, and used this as a new site to share and take part in each others lives...but maybe the newness of that has worn off?

Anyway, I'd like the chats to start back up, but then I wouldn't always be able to get to them. I'd like more friendly chatter, but I won't always be able to participate...I'd lie to see some of the members that used to be on so much be back on more...but I know everyone is busy and you can't fault people for that.

For me, I will keep checking in and posting as I am able, and I will keep up the friendships I have made here (SR NE meet in March!!!), and hope to make more...but life is busy, for all of us and I understand that too.

Sunshine Rewards

Good news! The coupon posts will stay in the separate forum that they are in, but those will no longer show up in the stream when you click "New Posts." And I did it without SG's help. LOL!

Keep bringing the suggestions. You know we are always up for them.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    Good news! The coupon posts will stay in the separate forum that they are in, but those will no longer show up in the stream when you click "New Posts." And I did it without SG's help. LOL!

Keep bringing the suggestions. You know we are always up for them.
    I really like the change-thanks!
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

arob414 is offline Was able to finally get home and get in a quickie

And, everywhere I go, tonight, people are snapping and beating or banging or something and I am lost.

I still love the forums and check them at least twice a day, often more than that. I hit "new post" and look at things I am interested in, or intrigued by (some titles just pull you in). I don't reply as often as I used to because I basically work 1.5 jobs. I volunteered for the .5 job, to help out my manager. Now, she is gone but the job is mine permanently. But, the unexpected boost in my check is nice. However, between work and family, somedays, I am just too lazy to reply.

I really haven't noticed much negativity beyond surveys. And, of course, offers not crediting as well as they used to. But, lots of us have been here along time, so I understand the offer problems and just took it as venting.

Like someone else mentioned, I love reading about trips, families, babies and pets, and just plain keeping in touch with everyone. When I am in an offer mood, I depend upon the what is crediting post for hunting out leads.

I love the forums, overall, I still find it to be a very inviting, supportive place to hang out.

Ummm...this is embarrassing...I've been a member since June and had no idea about clicking on the "New Posts" thing at the top of the forum!!! I've just been checking the main page and clicking from there.

The forum's been pretty much the same since I've been a member, so I don't remember it being much different. I love to check in multiple times a day to get heads ups on new offers, surveys, contests, etc...I don't mind survey/ offer complaints...like someone else said, if everything I read on here was ALL positive ALL the time, I might be a little suspicious! I trust reviews more when I know that constructive, helpful negative comments won't be screened out. Gives me more confidence in the site! Sometimes people just need to vent, and as long as it doesn't get nasty, it doesn't bother me

I will definitely have to check out the other parts of the forum...haven't really done that yet, I mostly just check the first section...
    Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

Quote Originally Posted by lkat View Post
    Ummm...this is embarrassing...I've been a member since June and had no idea about clicking on the "New Posts" thing at the top of the forum!!! I've just been checking the main page and clicking from there.

The forum's been pretty much the same since I've been a member, so I don't remember it being much different. I love to check in multiple times a day to get heads ups on new offers, surveys, contests, etc...I don't mind survey/ offer complaints...like someone else said, if everything I read on here was ALL positive ALL the time, I might be a little suspicious! I trust reviews more when I know that constructive, helpful negative comments won't be screened out. Gives me more confidence in the site! Sometimes people just need to vent, and as long as it doesn't get nasty, it doesn't bother me

I will definitely have to check out the other parts of the forum...haven't really done that yet, I mostly just check the first section...
    Don't be embarrassed...I think it took me about two years to find that option, I saw it there but never clicked on it. Now that's the first think I click on when I enter the forums.
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

I try to be here as much as I can, I usually check in a couple of times a day.

My life has been a little crazy. Our grandchildren are spending a lot of time with us. Add working at the restaurant and coordinating my mother's medical care and into that, I have very little ME time.

I rarely made it to chat....but when I did, it was fun. Someone else mentioned the Fandango posts. I used to click on them a couple of times when something catches my eye, but I don't anymore. I always get a ton of pop ups (even with my pop-up blocker on) and 9 time out of 10 my browser would crash.

Coupons don't bother me. If I am shopping I go looking for a coupon. I think it's great that it will now be out of the NEW post stream. Thanks Tricia.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards