Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Polynesian

Default Polynesian

I just booked my Dec. vacation at The Polynesian - Gardenview room. (with my 40% off postcard. First time I've ever gotten a postcard with a special discount.) I've read quite a few reviews about the different buildings, and I know everyone probably has their own favorite for various reasons. So, please tell me your favorite gardenview building, and why. Thanks.
    Magic Maker, Off to Neverland Travel Co.

Samoa, 3rd floor, volcano pool side. Two visits to the Poly, twice in the same room. LOVED IT!! If you sit out on the balcony and lean WAAAY over you could almost see the castle. Even though this is a garden view room, you do get a view of the lagoon from the balcony too.

Congrats on your discount!!!

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Congrats on booking a vacation. I love the feeling right after because it starts to feel "real". I hope you have a great time. I've never stayed there but I enjoy visiting the resort.
    Sunshine Rewards

Congrats on booking-I'm so excited for you! I don't have any advice on a room though, I love the Poly (especially Ohana's) but I have never stayed there! What are your dates?
    Claudia

Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

We're looking at staying there for our anniversary in June and were thinking about a room with a view of the castle just for that night (we'll be at WL with the kids for the 7 nights prior). We got a PIN, but I can't figure out if it is worth the money or not!
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Quote Originally Posted by 3dog2kidmom View Post
    Samoa, 3rd floor, volcano pool side. Two visits to the Poly, twice in the same room. LOVED IT!! If you sit out on the balcony and lean WAAAY over you could almost see the castle. Even though this is a garden view room, you do get a view of the lagoon from the balcony too.

I think Samoa and Tokelau seem to be the favorites from what I've been reading. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Love2Shop View Post
    Congrats on booking-I'm so excited for you! I don't have any advice on a room though, I love the Poly (especially Ohana's) but I have never stayed there! What are your dates?
    SOOOOO LOOOOONG from now is when. Actually 11/28 - 12/4 are our dates. Just in time to catch MVMCP.

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    We're looking at staying there for our anniversary in June and were thinking about a room with a view of the castle just for that night (we'll be at WL with the kids for the 7 nights prior). We got a PIN, but I can't figure out if it is worth the money or not!
    I didn't even check out prices on WL although I thought about it afterwards. I've just always wanted to stay at one of the MK resorts, but maybe one day I'll get another postcard and check out WL. I think that will be a wonderful place to spend an anniversary. DH and I had our anniversary dinner at Artist POinte 2 years ago. It was wonderful. Thank heaven for the dining plan or we'd still be there washing dishes.
    Magic Maker, Off to Neverland Travel Co.

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    For celebrating an anniversary for a night it is!!!! but it would depend on if it was minus the kids or not? Go for it, it's only money and you only live once
    Last edited by PSL1013; 02-12-2010 at 09:59 AM. Reason: spelling
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

We went last year. I requested Tokelau but we were placed in Rapa Nuie with a GV room. It was PERFECT! I can't remember the exact room number but we were on the 3rd floor facing paths and landscaping, but the BEST PART was that we could see the fireworks from our room/ balcony!!!! No castle, but it was so much fun for the kids (and us) to have that view. Also only took us about 1 minute to walk to the TTC from there. Nice and quiet too since we weren't over by Luau Cove! Apparently we lucked out b/c the other side of the hallway in Rapa Nuie looked out at the parking lot!

We're staying there again this May and I haven't requested anything in particular yet, but I'm thinking about at least asking to be closer to the TTC and not by the Cove...hmmmm, decisions, decisions...

You'll have fun there regardless! It's an incredible resort!
    Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by schaery View Post
    I just booked my Dec. vacation at The Polynesian - Gardenview room. (with my 40% off postcard. First time I've ever gotten a postcard with a special discount.) I've read quite a few reviews about the different buildings, and I know everyone probably has their own favorite for various reasons. So, please tell me your favorite gardenview building, and why. Thanks.
    You will love the Polynesian! Have you looked at a map of the resort? That might help you in making your decision... for example, do you want to be near the Great Ceremonial House or closer to the Ticket & Transportation Center? Also, some of the buildings don't have full balconies on the 2nd floor, (I can't recall which off the top of my head) so if you definitely want a balcony, that might be worth researching.

Quote Originally Posted by 3dog2kidmom View Post

I will second this exact recommendation! We were in the same location one year and absolutely loved it! Then another time, we were in Samoa, 3rd floor, but facing the quiet pool. It was not as good a view because there was a large tree obstructing almost everything. But last year, we were in Fiji, 3rd floor, facing the luau cove. We really enjoyed that building too!

Happy planning and researching! To me, that is a big part of the fun!

Congrats on the Pin Code and Using it!!
    Have you seen Tikiman's site...full of great Poly info! http://www.tikimanpages.com/tiki/

I stayed in Tahiti once a few years ago...we had a garden view room, BUT down the stairs and out to the beach to watch the evening MK fireworks. Awesome view.

Congrats again!
    I'M DEB And I'm Making My Way Back To Disney..With Sunshine Rewards...One Click At A Time!

Deb Tokarski -Mouse World Travel, An Authorized Disney Vacation Planner

Booking Disney Destinations (Disney World, DisneyLand, Disney Cruises & Adventures by Disney)
    as well as Sandals & Beaches Resorts and other destinations & other cruise lines worldwide!!

For more information and a free no-obligation quote email me at: deb@mouseworldtravel.com
    You can also Friend me on Facebook--> Deb Tee
    Your Dreams are a Wish Away with ME and I am ready to help you find your Dream Vacation!!