Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MVMCP?????

Default MVMCP?????

Has anyone been???? Tell me about it. All about it. Convince me it is worth $200.00 to take my family of four. We will arrive on Nov. 16th and that is the only day it is offered for our stay. I am kind of iffy about it, but would love to go. KWIM?? Our plane lands about 12:30, so that would give us plenty of time to get in rooms, maybe kick back for a bit and then get something to eat and then head to the Magic Kingdom. I was thinking no, because I would not want to try on the first day of arriving, but it is very doable. Is it worth the money. I so love Christmas time and loved the Osborne Lights last year along with the snow they blow. And of course the Magic Kingdom, just makes me weak in the knees at night with all the lights and fireworks and the castle lit up. Can you tell I dont need much convincing? DH might need some though. But I have reward cards from SR to pay for it. TIA

Well If you were not getting park tickets for that day with the MVMCP you would be allowed in at 4:00PM and I belive the party goes untill 12:00AM so thats a good 8Hrs of park time. And its Christmas! I have never been but would love to try! I am sure they have a great parade and fireworks, and would put you and your family right in the christmas mood! BTW good idea to use SR Disney GC's to pay for it! The only think would be would you be too tired to enjoy and make full use of the tickets, do you have plans to do an early morning the next day! Its going to be a long late night so plan accordingly for the next day!

HTH
    -NOn DisBoards
    Next WDW: POP 09.04-14.08 & Free Dining
    Past WDW: 04.01, ASMO 07.05, 09.05, 09.06, 09.07.

spring is offline Hey, there is no traffic better than all of us! They need to get a grip!

I went to this 2 years ago. The parade and fireworks were wonderful, as is everything Disney does. We had a very nice group shot done for free as part of the package. That's the good side.

The down side is that the park was so crowded that we could barely move! We were there the second week of December, so that might make a difference. Supposedly, there is free hot chocolate and cookies, but it was too crowded to get any. If you want to get a good viewing place for the parade, you need to stake your claim hours earlier - and not move!

Any ticketed person was given a wristband so you could go on the rides, etc. There are only so many tickets sold. However, we had a lot of people bragging how they got in without paying. I think they make dinner reservations within the park so they don't have to go through the main gate and show their tickets. Of course they couldn't go on the rides, but they were at the parade and fireworks. I feel like we subsidized them. Unfortunately, when I looked around, it seemed like the people with the wristbands were in the minority!

As I said, it's been two years, and perhaps WDW has changed how they do things. If you don't mind the crowds, the parade and fireworks are awesome. Otherwise, save your money.
    PAT - 21X SUPERMEMBER
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by spring View Post
    I went to this 2 years ago. The parade and fireworks were wonderful, as is everything Disney does. We had a very nice group shot done for free as part of the package. That's the good side.

The down side is that the park was so crowded that we could barely move! We were there the second week of December, so that might make a difference. Supposedly, there is free hot chocolate and cookies, but it was too crowded to get any. If you want to get a good viewing place for the parade, you need to stake your claim hours earlier - and not move!

Any ticketed person was given a wristband so you could go on the rides, etc. There are only so many tickets sold. However, we had a lot of people bragging how they got in without paying. I think they make dinner reservations within the park so they don't have to go through the main gate and show their tickets. Of course they couldn't go on the rides, but they were at the parade and fireworks. I feel like we subsidized them. Unfortunately, when I looked around, it seemed like the people with the wristbands were in the minority!

As I said, it's been two years, and perhaps WDW has changed how they do things. If you don't mind the crowds, the parade and fireworks are awesome. Otherwise, save your money.

I think Disney may have changed how they handle clearing the parks a bit in dealing with clearing out guests without tickets - and wristbands. Kind of like they clear paths for parades, they start at the back of the park with CM's holding up ropes and they watch for wristbands and if you don't have one, they do not allow you to pass. They kind of corral people out of the park. Of course, they would not rush guests through the stores so I'm sure there are plenty of them hanging around for the parade. We went last year to the Christmas party in December and while Main Street area seemed crowded, it didn't seem as crowded as it is on regular nights. The rest of the park had very light crowds and rides were walk on. Free apple cider & hot chocolate - and cookies - were handed out in the Crystal Palace restaurant. Overall, we thought the Christmas party was just "ok" and good for people who want to "walk-on" rides. It does "snow" on mainstreet during the parade - but, you can also see snow in the Studios park in Osborne Family Lights everynight.

We have decided that the Halloween Party & Pirate & Princess parties are worth the extra $$ -but, the Christmas party was not. Mainly because the parades are so unique for Halloween & Pirate parties. And - maintstreet during the Halloween parties is awsome. But, a little fake snow on Christmas didn't quite make the party worth the $45/ticket - for us.

cglaura is offline Am I the only one picturing the Brady Bunch

We love MVMCP. Been 3 times and going again this trip. We've been more fortunate I guess than the poster who said it was too crowded. We always go the 2nd week in December also, but never crowded. Not walk right on, but no more than 10-15 minute wait. Towards the end of the night you could just go round and round and ride multiple times. The shows an atmosphere are wonderful. And contrary to popular opinion, I like the free cookies

The only problem I might see is that you are going on Friday night. That may bring out more locals, therefore more crowds. We always went mid-week. But if it is your only night you can go, I'd still do it.
    Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

Thanks for the replies. Decisions, Decisions. It is the only day available for our trip. Since it is so early, I think it is the second night they have it, I am wondering if it will be busy with the locals. Since it is Mid Nov???? We have no early plans for the next morning, so that should not be a problem. It sounds so Magical. After this trip, my DH said we need to chill for a while. Last year was only our first. But this will be 3 trips to Florida within one years time. LOL> It just happened that way. We went to WDW last year in Nov and then in May, my sister and I conjured up a trip to Universal Studios and I already had this trip planned. I dont see what the problem is with that, but he said the money we spent, could have bought a new car.

Quote Originally Posted by disneynut View Post
    Thanks for the replies. Decisions, Decisions. It is the only day available for our trip. Since it is so early, I think it is the second night they have it, I am wondering if it will be busy with the locals. Since it is Mid Nov???? We have no early plans for the next morning, so that should not be a problem. It sounds so Magical. After this trip, my DH said we need to chill for a while. Last year was only our first. But this will be 3 trips to Florida within one years time. LOL> It just happened that way. We went to WDW last year in Nov and then in May, my sister and I conjured up a trip to Universal Studios and I already had this trip planned. I dont see what the problem is with that, but he said the money we spent, could have bought a new car.
    If you are referring to 15 Nov, it is after the Food & Wine Festival ends and far enough before the Thanksgiving vacation crowds - so I am guessing the crowds will mainly consist of locals & families with very small children. When we went to MK two weekends ago, there were lots of babies-pre-k children type families. This past weekend, on Sat night - MK was almost as crowded as it during the holiday season. Probably because the Food & Wine Festival began on 28 Sept. Even if they sell out the 15 Nov event, crowds will still be way lower than they will be on regular nights. So, if you look at it that way - it's totally worth buying the tickets!

We are going for the first time Thursday night (11/15). This will be the tailend of our vacation. We go home friday night . I am really looking forward to this and I opted to buy a lesser amount of days park ticket and figured this into the cost of what I would have spent on an extra day. In essence I am spending what I normally spend on tickets, but it forces me to take a day (thursday) to putter around our resort and relax until we head over to the MK for the MVMCP.

I am not too concerned about the crowds. (now that being said I probably jinxed us!) We will have already have gone on all of the rides my girls wanted and this is a bonus for the atmosphere and to try something that we have never tried before (I always try one new thing on our disney trips....and I am thrilled I could finally work this in)

Not sure if all my blabbering helps with your decision, but I think that would be a great way to start your trip!

Pamela
    Pamela

Sunshine Rewards

kxmeeh is offline ymca...wasn't one of them a potato farmer???

i just purchased our mvmcp tickets for 12.20. we are doing BBB adn dinner at the castle before heading to the party. The youngest of our party of 6 people is 6, the oldest is me, 31. we are looking to be able to get on rides quicker, not really interested in the parade. the girls want to do some of the special shows, and probably the fireworks. i saw they are selling 20,000 hard tickets for each night. how many people are usually in the parks during christmas week? does anyone happen to know an estimated number for a normal day?

cglaura is offline Am I the only one picturing the Brady Bunch

Quote Originally Posted by kxmeeh View Post
    i just purchased our mvmcp tickets for 12.20. we are doing BBB adn dinner at the castle before heading to the party. The youngest of our party of 6 people is 6, the oldest is me, 31. we are looking to be able to get on rides quicker, not really interested in the parade. the girls want to do some of the special shows, and probably the fireworks. i saw they are selling 20,000 hard tickets for each night. how many people are usually in the parks during christmas week? does anyone happen to know an estimated number for a normal day?
    Are you just not parade people or just not going b/c of easier ride access? It really is a nice parade, and I think it may be offered twice in the evening? I can't remember for the life of me now. But if you aren't really parade people then hit the rides! I did that one year. We started to watch the parade and dd was terrified to the point of tears of the giant dancing reindeer, so off to the rides we went! She was 5 at the time though

As for the crowds Christmas week, I don't know the numbers, but I've read they've had to close the parks due to max capacity issues. I think that is mostly for maybe Dec 23rd thrugh New Years though...when schools are on break.
    Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards