Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone tried Dry Shampoo?

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Default Has anyone tried Dry Shampoo?

I am tired of washing my hair every darn day and it is really irritating my scalp since the air is so dry here in Houston. My coworker recommended dry shampoo but I've never tried it. I'm wondering if it really does work and if it will work with my fine hair that tends to get oily within 24 hours of washing it.
    Sunshine Rewards

I bought some of this for my dd, who is almost 13. She is at the point that she needs to wash her hair every day. We have found that it works ok, but be careful of the shade you buy. The thing she doesn't like about it is that she says it makes her hair feel like she has a lot of hair spray in in.

We bought a spray at Ulta. if you have a Ulta store near you, I would recommend going in and talking to someone about it. They always have coupons too. We got the spray variety, but I know you can also buy a powder...but that scared me a little thinking that I might get too much in her hair, then have to wash it out anyway.
    Sunshine Rewards

How funny that you mention this because I was just thinking today of ordering some! I was reading in Fitness magazine a couple of weeks ago how you should use it to avoid washing your hair every time that you workout.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Ok I went ahead and bought one to try on Sephora.com. I went with an aerosol can because I hate powders - they always turn my hair grayish and gunk it up. I am hoping the aerosol is different. It had to ship ground so hopefully it will get here soon.
    Sunshine Rewards

bbangel is offline Those of us on the fun coast can party some more!

I know what it's like to be stupid for days

I've used it but am not a fan. I definatley wouldn't use it if I had access to water.
    Sunshine Rewards

I've had mixed results from the Oscar Blandi powder from Sephora-it requires a lot of blending.
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

Oh man. I hope this wasn't a total waste. I guess I can return it after one use if it doesn't work out well. I know I didn't buy the Oscar one Heather so maybe it will make a difference.
    Sunshine Rewards

Do you use a lot of styling products? I read somewhere that products build up and make your hair look dirty. If the the ingredient ends in "cone" it tends to build up. (think silicone.) Some suggest "washing" with a cheap conditioner (Suave, White Rain, etc) instead of shampoo. (co-washing)
    Fanofree

Sunshine Rewards

Hey ladies,
    I use a spray dry shampoo that I get at Sally Beauty Supply--although I'm sure you can find it other places too--called Batiste. It smells kinda strong (kind of an overpowering "fresh" scent) when you spray it but isn't bad after you've combed it through. I have long thick hair that I wash every other day, but I use this if I'm running late and don't have time to wash. I just spray along my part and hair line (my hair is dark auburn and the spray is white). I rub it in well with my fingertips then brush well and it blends great. I've not tried other brands but overall I'm pleased with this one. Hope that helps someone!!

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

Quote Originally Posted by fanofree View Post
    Do you use a lot of styling products? I read somewhere that products build up and make your hair look dirty. If the the ingredient ends in "cone" it tends to build up. (think silicone.) Some suggest "washing" with a cheap conditioner (Suave, White Rain, etc) instead of shampoo. (co-washing)
    I wash with Suave Daily Clarifying Conditioner often, it leaves your hair so soft and healthy feeling. I couldn't believe how great it cleans...regular shampoo strips your hair, so I only use it a couple of times a week.
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES