Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Free Amazon 10.00 gift cert

Default Free Amazon 10.00 gift cert

Receive a $10 Amazon.com gift certificate by mail when converting $30 of coins into an Amazon.com gift certificate at a Coinstar® Center.

It's as easy as 1-2-3:

1. Bring $30 of coins to the Coinstar Center.

2. Cash it in for an Amazon.com gift certificate and get free coin counting.

3. Mail in the printed receipt to receive your $10 at Amazon.com gift certificate.

This could be fun for your kids.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

Hmmm. I've got a Disney popcorn bucket full of pennies that need to be counted. I may just have to drag it into my local ACME's CoinStar this week. An extra $10 at Amazon will come in handy with the holidays coming up. Thanks for posting this!

Linking to Coinstar for details: http://www.coinstar.com/us/WebDocs/A1-3-1

This is great!! I was just going to cash in my change anyway. I will definitely have to do the amazon deal!!

What's the percentage that Coinstar takes when you cash in your change?
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

From their FAQ:
    Is there a charge to use a Coinstar® machine?

Yes. For Coins to Cash™ service, we charge an 8.9% processing fee in the United States, a 9.8% processing fee in Canada, and a 7.9% processing fee in the U.K. Some retailers or financial institutions may choose to subsidize this fee. Coin counting is free in select regions of the U.S. if you convert your change to a nationally-branded gift card or eCertificate such as Starbucks®, Borders®, iTunes, Pier1 Imports® or Amazon.com®.

Mandi is offline The artist formerly known as Mom2micayla

IIRC, it's either 7% or 8% if you convert to cash as opposed to an amazon gc.

Oops, Dizneemom beat me to it. So it's gone up. It used to be 7% a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Kathie View Post
    What's the percentage that Coinstar takes when you cash in your change?
    This is what their web site says:

In the U.S., the fee for our coin counting service is 8.9 cents per dollar counted (9.8 cents Canada). Retailers or financial institutions may choose to discount this fee.

But there's no fee if you convert the change into one of the gift cards or ecertificates that they offer. For this offer, it looks like you have to convert the $30 in coins to an amazon certificate.
    Last edited by MamaO; 10-07-2007 at 10:57 AM.

Jeanne - happily residing in Wisconsin Badger country

Thanks for all the info!!!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

this is fantastic! So you essentially get $40 for $30?

I need to go see if we have $30 in coins. I would love to do this to buy a Christmas gift for the kiddos!
    Sunshine RewardsRobin

Thanks for the info, Cindy! I usually just roll them myself and deposit them in the bank, but this might be worth using Coinstar for. Any idea how long this offer will run? I'm very close to having a roll of everything right now.
    "Tomorrow I start with a clean blanket."

Sunshine Rewards