Thread: A New Game From SR

Default A New Game From SR

SG, posted a new game called No Trick Just Treats! It's listed right under "Win a Cruise". I have no idea as to what a Halloween Haiku is. Do you?
    Sunshine Rewards

cglaura is offline Am I the only one picturing the Brady Bunch

It is a poetry form...

Haiku is a poetic form and a type of poetry from the Japanese culture. Haiku combines form, content, and language in a meaningful, yet compact form. Haiku poets, which you will soon be, write about everyday things. Many themes include nature, feelings, or experiences. Usually they use simple words and grammar. The most common form for Haiku is three short lines. The first line usually contains five (5) syllables, the second line seven (7) syllables, and the third line contains five (5) syllables. Haiku doesn't rhyme. A Haiku must "paint" a mental image in the reader's mind. This is the challenge of Haiku - to put the poem's meaning and imagery in the reader's mind in ONLY 17 syllables over just three (3) lines of poetry!

Example:

The Rose
    Donna Brock

The red blossom bends

and drips its dew to the ground.

Like a tear it falls

HTH!!! Now the trick is to put it in a Halloween theme. I'm horrible at writing, but am going to give it a whirl.
    Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

Are we talking 5/7/5...as in Japanese Poetry??
    I'M DEB And I'm Making My Way Back To Disney..With Sunshine Rewards...One Click At A Time!

Deb Tokarski -Mouse World Travel, An Authorized Disney Vacation Planner

Booking Disney Destinations (Disney World, DisneyLand, Disney Cruises & Adventures by Disney)
    as well as Sandals & Beaches Resorts and other destinations & other cruise lines worldwide!!

For more information and a free no-obligation quote email me at: deb@mouseworldtravel.com
    You can also Friend me on Facebook--> Deb Tee
    Your Dreams are a Wish Away with ME and I am ready to help you find your Dream Vacation!!

cglaura is offline Am I the only one picturing the Brady Bunch

Quote Originally Posted by Pooh's Pal View Post
    Are we talking 5/7/5...as in Japanese Poetry??
    Yep!

If I just wrote Yep! My message is too short so I am writing this random sentence.
    Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards