Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: resort specific merchandise

Default resort specific merchandise

i heard they were doing away with the resort specific merchandise, has anyone seen this while visiting recently

Sunshine Rewards

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

Quote Originally Posted by fauntleroyfan View Post
    i heard they were doing away with the resort specific merchandise, has anyone seen this while visiting recently
    I can check for you tomorrow! I reported back in October that a cast member told me that they were no longer going to carry the DVC merchandise at the resorts if that's what you are asking about, didn't hear anything about the resort specific stuff.
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

When we were there in mid-January, we saw resort specific merchandise at Animal Kingdom Lodge and Port Orleans. HTH.
    Sunshine Rewards

maybe it was just the DVC stuff.

but i thought i heard they were fadding out the resort stuff because it was costing too much to print all the different logos on the same merchandise.

thanks for checking on me, we want to get some FW stuff on our next trip since we have not stayed there in a while.

Sunshine Rewards

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

Update: just got back and I did ask for you and I was told they ARE discontinuing all the resort specific merchandise, no reason given but we can all bet it has to do with the money.
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

chipndale is offline All this talk makes me want a ginormous glass of bubbly!

Quote Originally Posted by PSL1013 View Post
    Update: just got back and I did ask for you and I was told they ARE discontinuing all the resort specific merchandise, no reason given but we can all bet it has to do with the money.
    That is sad but I guess Disney has to get rid of anything that is not going to make a profit with the times we are in.
    Go Pens! Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by chipndale View Post
    That is sad but I guess Disney has to get rid of anything that is not going to make a profit with the times we are in.
    As a stockholder, I believe it's always a good corporate decision to discontinue something that is not profitable...whether it's during a good or bad economy.
    Sunshine Rewards

i can see big ticket items that might cost alot to print resort specific stuff on, but i wonder how much it really costs to print resort stuff on like glasses or magnets etc.

Just hope that FW still has some stuff left that has not sold when we go in 3 months.

Sunshine Rewards

I understand the need to buy/sell in quanity to get better pricing, but it is just one more thing that has diminishes the WDW experience. I use to enjoy visiting other resorts to see what merchandise they had, but now they all have the same. I spend alot less time in the shops now than I used to, and spend less as well.

Also, we use to enjoy the resort bars for their unique beverages and appetizers at each one. Now they all have the same drink and appetizer menu. By the end of the week, one is really tired of seeing the same old things. It use to be nice to look forward to something different at each resort.

Laura
    Disney Myspace GraphicsSunshine Rewards

yeah i also enjoyed looking in all th4e shops it was fun, will prob limit my activity doing that now.

Sunshine Rewards