Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Open All Junk Mail!

Default Open All Junk Mail!

Just wanted to let you all know that last week I received four statements for new subscriptions, either to books or magazines. I normally don't open mail that I can't identify, but for some reason I did. I simply wrote cancel across the bill and enclosed it into the envelope and mailed it back! So be careful about throwing "junk" mail away. One day we might want to suscribe to that magazine company and can't because we "owe" money that we aren't even aware of. I definitely remeber seeing some of those while during offers, but they were suppose to be "free newsletters" and trust me, I read the fine print.
    Sunshine Rewards

Thank you i will keep an eye out in the mail...
    -NOn DisBoards
    Next WDW: POP 09.04-14.08 & Free Dining
    Past WDW: 04.01, ASMO 07.05, 09.05, 09.06, 09.07.

YIKES! I too have learned to open all junk mail! Just last week I was tossing some out and came across an envelope that I didn't open -- it had a $5.00 check in it from some survey I did - got a bonus for some reason!. I'll take it!! I also keep a look out for the invoices that need to have cancel written on them and be sent back - Thanks for the reminder!!!
    Jan

Sunshine Rewards

I also have been receiving magazines (and bills for magazines) which I am absolutely positive I did not sign up for since I really read the fine print when doing offers. A couple of weeks ago I got a "Birds and Blooms" magazine thanking me for my online order. I sent the invoice back marked "Did not order- Cancel". Anyone else get this particular magazine??
    src="http://www.sunshinerewards.com/images/bracelet/2007bronze.jpg">
    I've been gobbled by Anna

Quote Originally Posted by DooDahDay View Post
    I also have been receiving magazines (and bills for magazines) which I am absolutely positive I did not sign up for since I really read the fine print when doing offers. A couple of weeks ago I got a "Birds and Blooms" magazine thanking me for my online order. I sent the invoice back marked "Did not order- Cancel". Anyone else get this particular magazine??
    No, but I did receive a bill for Prevention magazine. I wrote cancel on the bill and returned it the next day. We then left for our cruise only to come home a week later to 2 Prevention magazines. I need to call I guess. I don't know if I can simply return the magazine or not.
    Eva ::: who loves funding my Disney obsession::: DH ::: who just shakes his head because he really doesn't get it::: ::: and a princess and pixie of our own:::

Sunshine Rewards

I have not gotten any magazines, but did have a charge on my phone bill last month that I didn't recognize. It was for some long distance carrier. I immediately called AT&T and the charge was removed. Somewhere along the line she said I probably clicked on something, website or link and they signed me up without my permission. She said it does happen. She placed the charge in dispute and said I did not have to pay it. So watch your phone bills as well.

i did not get the magazine but i got the bill for birds and blossom.
    all star movies for 10! jun 15-21. what a nightmare of a vacation.

chipndale is offline All this talk makes me want a ginormous glass of bubbly!

Thanks for the heads up. I guess I will have to start and check all junk mail.
    Go Pens! Sunshine Rewards

I got that one too!

I even got a Rachel Ray Magazine, I'll admit that it was very entertaining to read. I loved it!
    Sunshine Rewards

I didn't get the magazine but I did get the invoice for Birds and Blooms a few days ago - I expect the magazine is on its way. I sent the invoice back with 'cancel' written across it as well. About a month ago, I also got a Rachel Ray magazine with the invoice in the plastic wrap. I've been doing offers for over a year, and this is the first time anything like this has happened.
    Last edited by MamaO; 10-10-2007 at 12:25 AM.

Jeanne - happily residing in Wisconsin Badger country