Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Open All Junk Mail!

Quote Originally Posted by Iteach View Post
    I have not gotten any magazines, but did have a charge on my phone bill last month that I didn't recognize. It was for some long distance carrier. I immediately called AT&T and the charge was removed. Somewhere along the line she said I probably clicked on something, website or link and they signed me up without my permission. She said it does happen. She placed the charge in dispute and said I did not have to pay it. So watch your phone bills as well.
    OMG so did i, it was for like $15 and boy was my husband mad! he called the phone company and it was linked back to my email address. apparently one of the surveys i did went and signed me up for some kind of internet access and billed it to my home phone!

Quote Originally Posted by DooDahDay View Post
    I also have been receiving magazines (and bills for magazines) which I am absolutely positive I did not sign up for since I really read the fine print when doing offers. A couple of weeks ago I got a "Birds and Blooms" magazine thanking me for my online order. I sent the invoice back marked "Did not order- Cancel". Anyone else get this particular magazine??
    Yes, I got this one too and cancelled it right away. I did not agree to sign up for that magazine.
    Thanks bs4free!
    Sunshine Rewards

I got a bill yeseterday for 14.97 for my subscription to "Fly Fishing". OMG of all magazines I sure wouldn't subscribe to it.

I got another bill yesterday This one was $14.95 for a years subscription to "Fly Fisherman". I'd really like to find out where these are coming from. I have never seen either "Bird and Blooms" or "Fly Fisherman" in any of the signups. There is the "Mepps" fishing option on the MID offers but I never chose that one.
    src="http://www.sunshinerewards.com/images/bracelet/2007bronze.jpg">
    I've been gobbled by Anna

Quote Originally Posted by emtntn View Post
    I got a bill yeseterday for 14.97 for my subscription to "Fly Fishing". OMG of all magazines I sure wouldn't subscribe to it.
    Wow. I was posting about this at the exact same time you were!
    Are you going to send it back marked cancel or just toss it?
    src="http://www.sunshinerewards.com/images/bracelet/2007bronze.jpg">
    I've been gobbled by Anna

I never thought about this. Thanks for the heads up!!

Anyone else get one for Guns and Ammo?

Let's just say I'm not a guns and ammo kind of lady.
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

I too received Fly Fishman and Golf week invoices. No magazines yet.

Ticks me off that I have to waste a stamp to cancel something I never ordered in the first place. I did notice that BOTH magazines have a Palm Coast Florida address.

I'm going to do some research and if I come up with phone numbers or email address I'll post them.

Found the contact info.
    Flyfisherman

I logged in using the email address I use when I do offers and sure enough......there was my name and address (I use an abbreviated first name so I KNOW that is where it came from). Said my subscrition was ordered on 9-26 and was suspended for non-payment. I sent them an email through the CONTACT US link and told them to cancel....I never ordered.
    I'll edit when I hear back from them.

Golfweek has no record of my order so that invoice went into the trash.
    Last edited by ~Kathie; 10-20-2007 at 05:01 PM.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

cglaura is offline Am I the only one picturing the Brady Bunch

If it is obvious from the outside, like the return address has Fly Fisherman etc. and I know for sure I didn't order or it wasnt my mistake, I just write "Return to Sender" on the evelope w/out opening and drop it back in the mail. Save a stamp, they'll remove you from list. HTH!
    Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by cglaura View Post
    If it is obvious from the outside, like the return address has Fly Fisherman etc. and I know for sure I didn't order or it wasnt my mistake, I just write "Return to Sender" on the evelope w/out opening and drop it back in the mail. Save a stamp, they'll remove you from list. HTH!

Great idea, I don't know why I didn't think of that. Thanks!! I will keep that in mind if I get any others.
    Last edited by ~Kathie; 10-20-2007 at 11:59 PM.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards