Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Open All Junk Mail!

I did end up wasting one stamp on sending these things back...I made the mistake of opening one of them cuz I had no clue what it was...yep, an invoice. Since I opened it, I had to pay postage to mail back to them, but the other 4(!) I did not open and just marked Return to Sender/Cancel. I also got one from Prevention and 2 days later the complimentary 1st issue. Returned those too. I don't remember checking yes to any offers like these-they must be hidden in with others?? At least the phone calls have dwindled and the credits keep going up!!
    Jan

Sunshine Rewards

Thanks for the valuable tip! I usually throw junk mail away without looking at it but I won't in the future. When I have extra time I come in and read the posts in the forum and I sure am glad I read about this. I wish I had time to read more since I just joined in Sept. and there's probably a lot I still need to learn in SR.
    DEE

I just got another invoice and magazine from Fly Fisherman even though I sent the first one back marked "cancel". If they did indeed get us to subscribe to their publication, it was quite obviously done in the most underhanded, deceptive way possible.

I agree that in order for GPT sites to survive the advertisers need to be protected from fraud. Unfortunately, it appears as though fraud goes both ways. Maybe when Tricia gets back she can look into where these are coming from and pull the offers.
    src="http://www.sunshinerewards.com/images/bracelet/2007bronze.jpg">
    I've been gobbled by Anna

I think they may be coming from the MID, SE, Brandarama, etc. offers where you have to click yes to something on the first page in order to continue. It almost looks like it is an e-mail newsletter but it is actually a magazine subscription. Then they don't give you a chance to say no after clicking it.
    Sunshine Rewards

I too have received a bill from Fly Fisherman and Fitness magazine for a subscription I never signed up for. I found an 800#, and asked the rep at Fitness how they got my info. She said it came from a website called Healthy America Test. I can't find any info on this company, though.