Thread: Disney Shopping Gift Card Purchases

Default Disney Shopping Gift Card Purchases

I know that some of you have been buying Disney Gift Cards through your SR accounts and getting credits. We have then had to go back in and deduct the credits when Disney takes the money back from us (which they always do). I suspect that this has been happening across all of the rewards sites.

Disney actually changed their tracking today so that we will no longer even get the initial credit for Disney Gift Cards OR D23 memberships. Thankfully...because it has been so confusing lately!
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

I ordered a Disney gift card through Disney this past week, knowing I wouldn't get credit, but I always shop through the SR link anyway. Sure enough, it is in pending with a zero credit as expected. Would you prefer we don't buy gift cards through the SR link - does it make more work for you? I just like to stay in the habit of going through SR, but I knew there was no credit coming.

Thank you!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by StitchandPooh'smom View Post
    I ordered a Disney gift card through Disney this past week, knowing I wouldn't get credit, but I always shop through the SR link anyway. Sure enough, it is in pending with a zero credit as expected. Would you prefer we don't buy gift cards through the SR link - does it make more work for you? I just like to stay in the habit of going through SR, but I knew there was no credit coming.

Thank you!
    It shouldn't be any work for me going forward. It was a pain before they changed their system. But I think it should be good now. I think the way that they have set it up, we won't even see the transactions from now on.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Thanks!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Default Gift card question

Hi! I am new and I never thought of this until I saw this thread. Is it not allowed to get credit for a gift card purchase? I saw that Disney will not allow it, but is it the same for other merchants?
    Thanks!
    Tish

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Quote Originally Posted by tish9774 View Post
    Hi! I am new and I never thought of this until I saw this thread. Is it not allowed to get credit for a gift card purchase? I saw that Disney will not allow it, but is it the same for other merchants?
    Thanks!
    Tish
    No there are some merchants who are happy to give credits. Tricia has a section just to list these merchants. It is in the left side bar of the main page - Cash Back on Gift Cards.
    Sunshine Rewards

if you click through the disney store site and from there click to buy tickets, you dont get credit for the tickets do you?

it has to be stuff that is bought on the actual disney store site right?

Sunshine Rewards