Thread: French Door Coverings?

Default French Door Coverings?

I have French Doors leading into my office and need to get something to cover them. I was thinking blinds but they would have to be super shallow because the door handle only sticks out like an inch. Then I was thinking drapes but again they would have to be pretty thin and you could see through sheers. What is customary for something like this?
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

We have the same dilemma so I'll be watching the responses on this one!! One place that came out to give us quotes on window treatments after we moved in recommended Roman Shades. I need to look into that one again!
    Last edited by disney_girl; 03-04-2010 at 09:34 AM.
    Sunshine Rewards

I found one inch but can't find them in faux wood. I don't really need real wood for here, but it may be the only option. The one inch specifically say that they work for doors with lever handles.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Love the Smurfs

How about some type of shade? you know those ones that you can pull up with the string on the side? They would lay flat and not be too thick, plus you can get a fabric thick enough to not see through.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetiee View Post
    How about some type of shade? you know those ones that you can pull up with the string on the side? They would lay flat and not be too thick, plus you can get a fabric thick enough to not see through.
    I was thinking about something like that. But would it swing around every time I open and close the door?
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Love the Smurfs

You might be able to get a hook at the bottom to hold it. We have blinds on our french doors and they are heavy and do swing and make noise when we close the door. The handle also is in the way when it is open, but we didn't have many choices at the time.
    What I love the best is those doors that have the blind already built into the glass. If I had to redo our doors, I would get those! But since we aren't, well, just using the blinds.
    At least with a shade, it doesn't weigh much and won't be making a lot of noise.
    I saw this link with a few ideas. Hope it is ok to post.
    http://home.ivillage.com/decorating/...,,8580,00.html

I remember using the sheer curtain on a door in my older house. I bought two rods and used those foam stickers to attach them to the door on top and bottom. The sheers blocked out enough light to add privacy. If your door is metal you could buy magnetic rods.

I have french doors in my office. My doors are not as wide as traditional french doors. I wanted the light from the dining room but also wanted privacy. I ordered lace door panels from Country Curtains. They are attached by rods at the top and the bottom.

They have all types of panels.....taking a look at the website might give you some ideas.

Country Curtains
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards