Thread: What have you been doing to stay healthy?

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Default What have you been doing to stay healthy?

I fell off of the resolution bandwagon pretty early this year and have been trying to get back on it this month. I've been going to the gym and doing roughly 80-90 minutes of cardio to get my heart going.

I have also started eating more fruits and veggies. More bananas, edamame, carrots, cucumbers. And I've been making homemade hummus which has been delicious.

Share what you have been doing so we can get some ideas around here.
    Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Oh and my hummus recipe has been the following

1/2 can chickpeas
    2 tsp tahini
    4 tsp minced garlic
    couple squirts of lemon juice
    couple pours of EVOO
    1 tsp parsley flakes

I'm still playing with the recipe but it is turning out good each time.
    Sunshine Rewards

I haven't been eating incredibly well (except that I always start the day right with oatmeal w/blueberries). But I have been exercising pretty well. I've been doing Zumba two nights a week for an hour and running 3 other days in training for the mini marathon. The two things that I need to do better are 1) drink more water throughout the day, and 2) not snack when I get that "out of control" feeling.

I've been working on the healthy snacks - ie carrots and hummus, cucumbers and hummus, tiny dill pickles, apples and cheese, etc. It seems to help out especially the carrots and hummus because there is so much fiber that it sits in your stomach for a while after eating it.
    Sunshine Rewards

I've started to exercise. I do a spin class on Mondays, Zumba on Wed and Saturdays an Ab conditioning class, though that may change to a Turbo kick class, not sure yet. I've also started to eat a little healthier again, more salads for lunch, my vita tops for snacks, as well as come string cheese and fruit. For dinner, I either eat off a small plate or divide my food in half (at a restaurant) and immediately take it off my plate and put it in a take out box.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.