Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Luggage

Thanks for the recommendations- at least it's a starting point. I LOVE my luggage scale- take it on every trip!!
    Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

I was thinking about one of my former roommates this morning as I was going to Starbucks (she was addicted) and I remember she used Travelpro luggage. She traveled across country alot and that is what she bought to use. It held up really well.

I also remember reading a lot of recommendations for Tumi luggage but I remember that it runs a little pricey.
    Sunshine Rewards

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

Quote Originally Posted by m 'n c View Post
    I was thinking about one of my former roommates this morning as I was going to Starbucks (she was addicted) and I remember she used Travelpro luggage. She traveled across country alot and that is what she bought to use. It held up really well.

I also remember reading a lot of recommendations for Tumi luggage but I remember that it runs a little pricey.
    Supposedly the best is http://www.briggs-riley.com/ but they are expensive. Our last 2 pieces we bought are Travelpro, on clearance at Macy's, they are the ugliest copper color you ever saw but easily spotted when coming off the carousel! Atlantic is a division of Travelpro or vise-versa, I think Travelpro is a step up?
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

You all have brought up good points on the weight and all. Definitely want something that lasts. I'm also ll about getting a color that is a little easier to spot. We got red before it became so popular,but now that's even hard to spot at times. We were looking online last night and my husband seemed to draw the line at purple he said he just coud not do purple! (me either though). So, off to check out some luggage!
    Sunshine Rewards

I don't know about brands, I've found them all to be pretty competitive as far as lasting if they are a brand name, however, I can tell you, I would not get a piece of luggage that is not a spinner. They are so much easier to use then the regular wheeled luggage. I've bought several pieces of luggage at luggageonline and have been extremely happy with their service and durability.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

I have purple and my carry on is hot pink. You can always tie a ribbon to the handle to help you identify it on the luggage carousel. I use the hot pink and purple ribbons from VS for my luggage identification. LOL
    Sunshine Rewards

Yes, we've used the ribbon tied to the luggage too- definitely helps. I didn't even know about the spinner wheels until this discussion so I'm glad I asked. Especially since the wheels are the issue with our current luggage!
    Sunshine Rewards