Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Luggage

Default Luggage

We are looking for some new luggage...what are good brands that you would recommend? I'm not really interested in the "sets", but would rather just get a couple of the largest ones. Thanks for any advice!
    Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

I like Atlantic luggage and DVF (Diane vonFuestenberg). I have luggage from both and they have held up nicely over the years. DVF I found at bagsbuy and used a discount code last year when I ordered it. I think Macy's and similar stores carry Atlantic (I don't know about bagsbuy).
    Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

http://www.bagsbuy.com/diane-von-fur.../357278/760166
    I bought this one to carry on the plane. It is the largest one allowable.
    Sunshine Rewards

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

Quote Originally Posted by disney_girl View Post
    We are looking for some new luggage...what are good brands that you would recommend? I'm not really interested in the "sets", but would rather just get a couple of the largest ones. Thanks for any advice!
    I have really good luck with Atlantic brand...been using the same bag now for about 5-6 years with an average of two round trips per year and it's still going strong. If you have a Macy's, they have great sales on luggage all the time and that's where we buy ours from. Don't buy cheap ones if you are flying, they don't last long at all, a friend of mine bought really cheap ones at Kohl's and they lasted only two flights before one of the wheels was missing. Try to get ones that have reinforced edges on all the corners which helps with the wear and tear, mine have thick ribbed plastic corners. My next luggage is going to have those spinner wheels, I just bought one at Walmart that I use for a wheeled carryon and they are so easy to maneuver when you are having to wheel more than one piece of luggage. Good Luck.
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

I think Atlantic luggage has a warranty on them but I don't remember the details.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by m 'n c View Post
    I think Atlantic luggage has a warranty on them but I don't remember the details.
    Yes, it's like 10 years I think. They really hold up, I'm very happy with mine.
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

I bought a set at Target 10 years ago....it was Eddie Bauer. It's just starting to fall apart and we have used it a lot.

We also have 2-25" American Tourister that I bought at Kohl's on sale. Can't beat those 50% off sales with a 30% off coupon and then Kohl's cash.

We find that the 25" are easier to maneuver than the larger bags. We also have a rolling duffle....I think it's High Sierra. For our 2 week trip to Alaska and BC we used the 2 AT, the duffle and the medium EB. Nothing matched.....didn't bother me. We fit 2 weeks worth of clothes and supplies including hiking boots, winter jackets, hats, gloves, dress clothes and shoes. I was conservative and only took 4 pair besides my hiking boots.

There are so many brands out there, good luck deciding.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Oh and don't forget the larger they are the heavier they are. My friend took the largest allowable size for her Europe trip last year and was unpacking in the airport because her luggage was overweight. She thought she'd be fine since she didn't fill it up but she didn't take into account how heavy the luggage is to begin with.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by m 'n c View Post
    Oh and don't forget the larger they are the heavier they are. My friend took the largest allowable size for her Europe trip last year and was unpacking in the airport because her luggage was overweight. She thought she'd be fine since she didn't fill it up but she didn't take into account how heavy the luggage is to begin with.
    That's where those luggage scales come in handy...I carry mine with me too for the trip back home. We have a really large Atlantic bag that was part of a set and we used to use before all these airline restrictions went into place, back then you were allowed up to 75lbs. I tried packing it for one of our cruises and it ended up weighing over the 50lbs. and it wasn't even full...not worth it at all and I'm really thinking of tossing it as I don't think I will ever use it again.
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards

I did buy her a luggage scale for Christmas. I love mine and it works like a charm.
    Sunshine Rewards