Thread: Coffee Grinders

Default Coffee Grinders

My husband let it out yesterday that he would like a NICE coffee grinder. His birthday is coming up and I have been trying to figure out something to get for him.

Any suggestions for a good coffee grinder??

TIA
    Ellen

EPCOT's Family of the Day, June 9, 2007

I bought a Cuisinart Coffee Burr Mill Grinder and I love it. It has grind settings ranging from fine to extra-coarse, so it covers everyone's preferences. There's a hopper at the top where you load the coffee beans and then a selector for the number of cups to grind. I am pretty picky about my coffee and I've been really pleased with this one. I'm sure there are more expensive models out there, but I don't know that I'd be willing to pay much more than I did ($50 at Bed, Bath and Beyoned less a 20% coupon). I have since seen them at TJMaxx for much less.

Bottom line is for me, the burr grinder beats that steel blade coffee grinder any day.
    Barb

Quote Originally Posted by DarcyDog View Post
    I bought a Cuisinart Coffee Burr Mill Grinder and I love it. It has grind settings ranging from fine to extra-coarse, so it covers everyone's preferences. There's a hopper at the top where you load the coffee beans and then a selector for the number of cups to grind. I am pretty picky about my coffee and I've been really pleased with this one. I'm sure there are more expensive models out there, but I don't know that I'd be willing to pay much more than I did ($50 at Bed, Bath and Beyoned less a 20% coupon). I have since seen them at TJMaxx for much less.

Bottom line is for me, the burr grinder beats that steel blade coffee grinder any day.
    Ohhh...that one sounds nice! We have a basic Cuisinart one that's working great for us, but I'm always up for something newer and better as long as the price isn't outrageous...and what you paid sounds reasonable! I'll definitely have to check this one out...thanks!
    Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

Ours is a Delonghi, has different grinds too and was not a lot of money. We use it everyday and its held up quite well.

Its actually on sale at Macys right now.
    De'Longhi KG49 Coffee Grinder, Blade Style
    Reg. $55.00
    Sale $39.99
    Compare
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

My cousin started a coffee business two months ago and I've been getting mine from him since then...which meant I needed a grinder too. I ended up getting a cheap one, but my mother has this and loves it.

http://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-DBM-...7830708&sr=8-1

My cousin also says he has a Cuisinart Burr grinder. I think if I decide to upgrade my cheap one, that's what I'm getting. I'd like to actually TRY the coffee while I'm at my mom's first though.
    "Tomorrow I start with a clean blanket."

Sunshine Rewards