Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Disney bus accident

How sad!!!!!
    Sunshine Rewards

According to the news reports here in Orlando, the bus was at Fort Wilderness not WL. I am sure driving a bus around the campgrounds is very difficult, with all the bikers and golf carts.

Laura
    Disney Myspace GraphicsSunshine Rewards

The boy actually swerved off the sidewalk and hit the side of the bus just in front of the right rear tire and was swept under the bus. It was totally a freak accident. Two of his friends were on the sidewalk riding their bikes. All had on helmets.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

Quote Originally Posted by LauraLea View Post
    According to the news reports here in Orlando, the bus was at Fort Wilderness not WL. I am sure driving a bus around the campgrounds is very difficult, with all the bikers and golf carts.

Laura
    Yup, that's what I meant to type. It was indeed the campgrounds, not the lodge.

Quote Originally Posted by sunshinecindy View Post
    The boy actually swerved off the sidewalk and hit the side of the bus just in front of the right rear tire and was swept under the bus. It was totally a freak accident. Two of his friends were on the sidewalk riding their bikes. All had on helmets.
    Not to make light of the situation - because it's still tragic for the boy's family - but if this part of the story ends up being true, it's finally good news for Disney. This is the 3rd dark day for Disney Transportation in less than a year (Monorail Accident, Bus Wreck Last Week, this one). All unrelated and coincidental, but Disney needs some luck to go their way for a change.
    Mouse Unlimited - The Ultimate Disney Travel Agency
    Mouse Unlimited | MU Forum | MU Blog | MU Twitter | MU Facebook

How very sad. My heart breaks for that family.
    Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

Did you see the video at the bottom of the forum? The parents are now contesting the finding that the boy veered out in front of the bus. They are saying that the 11-year-old girl who was with them says that the bus swerved into the boy. Looks like unless Disney gives them some money, it's going to end up being a civil lawsuit even if no charges are filed against the bus driver.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    Did you see the video at the bottom of the forum? The parents are now contesting the finding that the boy veered out in front of the bus. They are saying that the 11-year-old girl who was with them says that the bus swerved into the boy. Looks like unless Disney gives them some money, it's going to end up being a civil lawsuit even if no charges are filed against the bus driver.
    For once, I hope Disney doesn't give in and just write another blank check to a family wanting to "ease their pain".

The girl actually told cops, at the scene, that he swerved off the sidewalk and into the bus. Then she realized she better tell mom they didn't do anything wrong for fear of getting into trouble. Her mom claims that as soon as the girl saw her, she said, "We both stayed on the sidewalk." Sounds like a defensive excuse if I've ever heard one.

It's tragic no matter how it happened, but I'm tired of Disney getting the terrible media coverage, and I'm tired of them settling out of court with "hush money" to every guest that complains. All these lawsuits do is increase the ticket and hotel prices for the rest of us.

While I can't imagine losing a child (especially since I don't have any of my own), I feel equally (if not more) sadness for this bus driver. He has 30 years of experience, a clean record, and now he has to live the rest of his life knowing he killed a little boy - even though it wasn't his fault. Guilt can do more damage to you, physically and mentally, than grief.

It's sad all around, and I hope the parents are able to move on to the rest of the Stages of Grief, and get beyond their current stage: anger.

Another wreck on Saturday! This time it was a 81 year old driver. What is a 81 year old man doing driving a Disney bus! I'm sure he is a sweetie but that is just a tad old.
    Sammielynn
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by sammielynn View Post
    Another wreck on Saturday! This time it was a 81 year old driver. What is a 81 year old man doing driving a Disney bus! I'm sure he is a sweetie but that is just a tad old.
    As someone said in a thread on another board (in a VERY heated thread, I might add), "We don't even let my grandpa use the TV remote - let alone drive a city bus."

Quote Originally Posted by MouseUnlimited View Post
    As someone said in a thread on another board (in a VERY heated thread, I might add), "We don't even let my grandpa use the TV remote - let alone drive a city bus."
    Oh dear...........................
    Sammielynn
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards