Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is anyone else going CRAZY hoping for Free Dining 2010????

Default Is anyone else going CRAZY hoping for Free Dining 2010????

UGGGGH! Been following so many threads on the DIS hoping to just settle my plans for a late Aug. trip. It's not that I can't go without FD it's just the thought of paying RACK RATE in August during hurricane season is kind of depressing. If FD is not offered, then I'm hoping for SOME kind of discount. I feel unsettled until something comes along because even though I am booked, I feel that there is always the possibility of having to move dates or resort to get a deal.

Anybody else going crazy with me?????
    Dorothy

Sunshine Rewards

YES! I want to go soooo badly! My DH says we can't go without a great deal. We are trying to decide either end of August or end of September. And I want to know what the deal is! I can figure how much free dining would cost us, but if they offer something different......

You are not alone!
    Amy

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

Sunshine Rewards

free dining would be the ONLY way i could convince my DH to go to wdw this year. we can't really afford it, but if free dining were offered, DH MIGHT just cave.

Quote Originally Posted by luvdisney00 View Post
    UGGGGH! Been following so many threads on the DIS hoping to just settle my plans for a late Aug. trip. It's not that I can't go without FD it's just the thought of paying RACK RATE in August during hurricane season is kind of depressing. If FD is not offered, then I'm hoping for SOME kind of discount. I feel unsettled until something comes along because even though I am booked, I feel that there is always the possibility of having to move dates or resort to get a deal.

Anybody else going crazy with me?????
    You're not alone. We've got a few clients who are booked already, and are hoping for Free Dining to come along....and we've got a few others who are waiting to book only if Free Dining comes along.

But right now, if Disney IS planning on offering it, they're being VERY tight-lipped about it. In the past, they've teased the press and public by "accidentally" posting the FD web pages for a few hours "as a test" - and by sending the artwork for newspaper ads about a week early.

Right now: nothing. Not a peep. Travel Agents know nothing. The press knows nothing. There are only rumors, and they're all over the place.

I guess we'll wait and see.
    Mouse Unlimited - The Ultimate Disney Travel Agency
    Mouse Unlimited | MU Forum | MU Blog | MU Twitter | MU Facebook

I'm going with FD on May 10 because we got a pin. It was for QS dining so I'm upgrading so we can do breakfasts at Chef Mickey's and H& V Play and Dine. DGS9months just loves MM Clubhouse and Handy Manny and they have now added HM to the H&V breakfast and they play the Hot Dog song from MMC. He's going to be in heaven!
    Sunshine Rewards

Graduate of the College of Disney Knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by shmily1 View Post
    I'm going with FD on May 10 because we got a pin. It was for QS dining so I'm upgrading so we can do breakfasts at Chef Mickey's and H& V Play and Dine. DGS9months just loves MM Clubhouse and Handy Manny and they have now added HM to the H&V breakfast and they play the Hot Dog song from MMC. He's going to be in heaven!
    The PIN codes were pretty nice - too bad we couldn't take advantage of ours!

BTW, shoot me an e-mail and we'll help you upgrade AND get you cash back

It might REALLY be coming.....

I was on the phone with the BEST DISNEY RESERVATIONIST EVER last night, updating a few of my clients' trips, and we got to chatting about Disney and life and other things normal.

I came away from the call knowing in my heart that she's a Disney lover and dedicates her life to knowing everything and being right about it.

I was telling her that I have a few clients booked, and waiting to book, who are PRAYING for Free Dining. She said, "Well...I can neither confirm nor deny that Free Dining will be offered this year......but you might want to prepare for an influx of business in the near future."

I'm a skeptic, and I doubt just about anything until I see it in writing. But this woman gave me a good feeling about this. And she wasn't reading a script or anything. She was a nice, 50-60-something American woman who spoke perfect English and went off the book during our entire conversation. I even know where she lives (because she told me to wave the next time I was on DME, since it passes her end apartment in [edited for privacy] Apartment Complex.

So, take this for what it's worth. Nothing is official, but I put a lot of stock in that conversation.

i have read (unofficially, of course) that something will be announced on may 3rd. no chance we'll get to go, but i hope it works out for everyone who's waiting to book

Quote Originally Posted by iluvamystery89 View Post
    i have read (unofficially, of course) that something will be announced on may 3rd. no chance we'll get to go, but i hope it works out for everyone who's waiting to book
    Hang tight girls, you're in for a wild ride!!
    I'M DEB And I'm Making My Way Back To Disney..With Sunshine Rewards...One Click At A Time!

Deb Tokarski -Mouse World Travel, An Authorized Disney Vacation Planner

Booking Disney Destinations (Disney World, DisneyLand, Disney Cruises & Adventures by Disney)
    as well as Sandals & Beaches Resorts and other destinations & other cruise lines worldwide!!

For more information and a free no-obligation quote email me at: deb@mouseworldtravel.com
    You can also Friend me on Facebook--> Deb Tee
    Your Dreams are a Wish Away with ME and I am ready to help you find your Dream Vacation!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pooh's Pal View Post
    Hang tight girls, you're in for a wild ride!!
    Okay Pooh. What do you know? Spit it out. Or PM me.
    Magic Maker, Off to Neverland Travel Co.