Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Could someone please explain

Default Could someone please explain

how GiftCertificates.com works? Specifically, the super certificates.

My 8 yo dd, who has never played with a doll in her entire life is asking for an American Girl doll. Can I cash out for one of these certificates ($47.50 for a $50 certificate) and use it at AG -- even if it isn't listed on their website?

Can I buy supercertificates (and get my SR credits) to help make up the difference? There is also a code for Free Shipping with AG right now, but it expires soon. How long does all this take to do?

I know people were ordering from GiveFun and then using those gift cards to shop. Is there some reason it won't work with super certificates from GiftCertificate.com? I'm just looking for a way to maximize my credits here and minimize the $$ I spend, and quite a few of the merchants I shop don't have affiliate programs.

If I can use the certificates to buy gift cards, I will definitely be ordering from them for teacher gifts, etc.

Thanks in advance,
    Eva ::: who loves funding my Disney obsession::: DH ::: who just shakes his head because he really doesn't get it::: ::: and a princess and pixie of our own:::

Sunshine Rewards

Basically, you would cash out at SR for a supercertificate and you would use your supercertificate at giftcertificates.com to purchase a gift card/certificate that is listed on their site. Giftcertificates.com would then either mail or email your gift card/certificate to you for you to use.

So, if Americian Girl is not listed on their site, then you can't use a supercertificate for your american girl purchase. But, you can purchase any gift cards at the giftcertificates.com site to use as gifts or for yourself.

HTH!
    Debbie

You got my hopes up, but Americal Doll is not one of the merchants that giftcertificates.com carrys
    <Sunshine Rewards

Thanks for answering. I knew that was how the gift certificates worked, but I didn't understand the super certificates. On the site it says that super certificates could not be used at the merchants listed on the website, and that was what confused me. See, I was looking at it like buying certificates for myself -- not as a gift. I guess if I'm buying for myself I'd have no reason to buy a Super Certificate. Someone would only buy one of those if they didn't know which gift card (of the merchants listed) to choose.

Anyway, my blonde moment has passed. I just hate to buy anything online (and that expensive) and not get credit back, you know?
    Eva ::: who loves funding my Disney obsession::: DH ::: who just shakes his head because he really doesn't get it::: ::: and a princess and pixie of our own:::

Sunshine Rewards

Their site is really confusing if you read it. It's awful for me, b/c I like reading.

So I find if I just DO it, it's better.

Just in case you want my take on it, read on...

You have SR credits. You use SR credits to buy the Super Certficate. (others who might buy the SuperCertificate are workplaces as little mini-bonuses to say "nice work", or when you aren't sure what to buy for someone)

You get the SuperCertificate code and buy a gift certificate for one of their merchants.

Say, for instance, you cashed in through SR, or bought (or got), for a $50 SuperCertificate. Through SR, you would get that code by email.

You could then, say, buy one Famous Footwear gift certificate and one Shoebuy g.c., each for $25. The FF one will be plastic and will be sent by regular mail. The Shoebuy will be sent almost immediately by email.

So there you are, you have a FF and a shoebuy g.c., by using credits at SR, when neither of those places are Rewards that SR offers.

And the really fun part is...you can then shop at FF and shoebuy through SR, use those certificates, and get SR credit for those purchases...
    Sunshine Rewards

Molly has this all down to a science. LOL!
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Robert's (soon to be FORMER!!!*) employer likes to hand out the Super Certificates every so often (I would prefer more Starbucks gcs, but whatever), so I've become accustomed to the ways of the giftcertificate.com...

*Tricia, ya hear that? No more AD/LN for him (they were being awfully rude and laying people off after telling people "no layoffs"!), he's goin' back to amazon.com! (he's experienced a mass layoff there, it wouldn't be a surprise, LOL)
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    Molly has this all down to a science. LOL!
    Why not earn more rewards on your rewards thats a great way to do it!!!
    -NOn DisBoards
    Next WDW: POP 09.04-14.08 & Free Dining
    Past WDW: 04.01, ASMO 07.05, 09.05, 09.06, 09.07.

Quote Originally Posted by mollyeilis View Post
    *Tricia, ya hear that? No more AD/LN for him (they were being awfully rude and laying people off after telling people "no layoffs"!), he's goin' back to amazon.com! (he's experienced a mass layoff there, it wouldn't be a surprise, LOL)
    Oh, no!! I'm so sorry. I can't believe the way that they treat employees there. It's like when you are in the spotlight, they lavish things upon you. When they think they can do without you for awhile, they drop you, only to come begging you back later.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Quote Originally Posted by bs4free View Post
    Why not earn more rewards on your rewards thats a great way to do it!!!
    I should add in one caveat. I never *expect* that I will earn rewards when using a GC. Or, well, I try to not expect it. I write down everything I do on and through SR, and I will usually put a ?? next to purchases made with GCs, to try to fool myself into thinking I'm not counting on it.

I figure things could change between one credit and the next shopping trip...

So that's the one little CYA with doing what I said, is that it might not always work.
    Sunshine Rewards