Thread: Gift Card Suggestion & Question

Hybrid View

andrea2289 is offline I might even start my Sunshining with a big bowl of Baskin-Robbins Chubby Hubby

I am still a pecker!

Default Gift Card Suggestion & Question

I know gift cards have been discussed many times in the past but I still find myself searching the forum anytime I'd like to order one. Would it be possible to complile two lists, and maybe even make it a sticky, for which sites give you credit for in-store and online gift cards? Under the category 'gift certificates' some have notes that it does or doesn't exclude gift cards but then some don't...so I am not sure. I am more interested in in-store gift cards. I think would be great information to keep handy. I order a LOT of gift cards :-)

Is there any way we could get more restaurant gift card optons? I was ordering them off of Ebay for a while, through SR, and that worked but it would be even better to order some directly.

Thanks
    ANDREA - 5x SUPERMEBER
        Sunshine Rewards

Unfortunately, the merchants tend to change this information on us fairly frequently. However, if we have them listed in our Gift Certificate category (the "Cash Back on Gift Cards" link), they all have notified us affirmatively that they pay us for them. Sometimes we get lucky and other sites pay us, but I would hate to mark them as such and then have them deny a trouble ticket that gets filed by someone. We did have to add a couple of exclusions for places that stopped paying on electronic gift cards (like Kohls), but those should be pretty clear on that Gift Certificate page.

I'll let Cindy weigh in on redemption options. There might be some other restaurants that she can get through her distributor. We don't keep many restaurant gift certificates in stock because only about 1% of our gift certificates are anything besides Darden, Disney, Landry's, Target, Walmart, and Home Depot. So we just order the others as people cash out for them (like TGIFridays). I'm not sure which other ones she might be able to get.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

andrea2289 is offline I might even start my Sunshining with a big bowl of Baskin-Robbins Chubby Hubby

I am still a pecker!

Ordering from Ebay did work well for me (for the ones I couldn't get here). Although I have never had a bad experience, it is a bit more risky. So just to be sure, if it doesn't say 'including gift cards' (like Harry and David or Bass Pro), then it is a no-go?
    ANDREA - 5x SUPERMEBER
        Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by andrea2289 View Post
    Ordering from Ebay did work well for me (for the ones I couldn't get here). Although I have never had a bad experience, it is a bit more risky. So just to be sure, if it doesn't say 'including gift cards' (like Harry and David or Bass Pro), then it is a no-go?
    Right. But if there are specific ones that you want us to follow up with the merchants, let us know and we can email them again and see if many they have added them to their commissionable list. We always pay the members if we get credit on them, so it never hurts to try.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

I am still a pecker!

I shop at Barnes & Noble, Bass Pro Shop, New York & Company, & Target ALL the time. So that would be my wish list

I just saw that Home Depot is on there! This will make my hubby happy!
    ANDREA - 5x SUPERMEBER
        Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by andrea2289 View Post
    I shop at Barnes & Noble, Bass Pro Shop, New York & Company, & Target ALL the time. So that would be my wish list

I just saw that Home Depot is on there! This will make my hubby happy!
    Heres the list that does pay, http://www.sunshinerewards.com/categ...-certificates/ and all but Target do pay on your wish list. I am a hundred percent certain that Target does not, although it is one of our cash out options also.

As for the restaurant options, unless its a major chain across the USA, its not worth it for me to stock since I normally buy in bulk or I'd be ordering cards everyday. I do try to switch them up periodically and especially for the SM and SMplus.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.