Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Coldwater Creek 50% Off Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Magical JenK View Post
    Wow! That's a great deal! I just went to their site the other day & they have some cute dresses!! So here's a question...they have a dress I LOVE, but only in petite...now, I wouldn't consider myself petite per se, I'd wear a 10 in a regular dress...but would a petite in a dress work? I checked out the measurments & there's only 1/2 inch difference between regular & petite...but I'm wondering if it would be too short??? Anyone know??
    I remember reading somewhere that petite sizes really have more to do with overall height rather than size. I think it is 5'3" is the tallest that was recommended. I'm 5'6" and I've also found cute clothes in the past that were only available in petite and they never fit right. Like the other poster mentioned about "torso" length - that was the problem I had. Petite tops/dresses are too short through the torso for me.

Magical JenK is offline I'm weird like that

BAMM!! Right in the eye!!

Quote Originally Posted by shades99 View Post
    I remember reading somewhere that petite sizes really have more to do with overall height rather than size. I think it is 5'3" is the tallest that was recommended. I'm 5'6" and I've also found cute clothes in the past that were only available in petite and they never fit right. Like the other poster mentioned about "torso" length - that was the problem I had. Petite tops/dresses are too short through the torso for me.
    Thanks! That's exactly what I wanted to know...and figured as much as it's the cutest dress ever!! I'm 5'6" as well, so I guess I'm just going to have to say no!

Thank you again!!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Member Since 01/01/2007 Addiction makes the reward balance higher! ID#4800

Thanks! That's exactly what I wanted to know...and figured as much as it's the cutest dress ever!! I'm 5'6" as well, so I guess I'm just going to have to say no!

Thank you again!!
    You are welcome! Have you thought about calling their customer service # and asking if they have the dress you want in your size available at any of their brick & mortar stores? I think Coldwater Creek is capable of looking at their store inventories and finding specific items at their stores. The only thing is that the store may or may not have the item at 50% off. I "think" they can either do a special order request where they request the item from the store to be shipped to you - and/or give the store phone number where they see stock available and you call the store directly & pay for the item over the phone and the store will ship it to you( I HIGHLY recommend that you call the store yourself so you get the item while it is available). Some stores may tell you they can only take the request from another one of their stores, and if they do this - just try a different store. I've found several items on clearance like this in the past. I usually get 4 or 5 phone numbers of various stores when I do this, just incase I need to call that many to find the item. Good luck!

Wow! That's a great deal! I just went to their site the other day & they have some cute dresses!! So here's a question...they have a dress I LOVE, but only in petite...now, I wouldn't consider myself petite per se, I'd wear a 10 in a regular dress...but would a petite in a dress work? I checked out the measurments & there's only 1/2 inch difference between regular & petite...but I'm wondering if it would be too short??? Anyone know??
    I wear petite and regular clothes. I'm just 5'. If I buy petite jackets the sleeves are perfect. Regular.....I have to have the sleeves shortened. Same with dresses & skirts. Pants I have to have shortened no matter what!! If you are 5'6" the petite will be too small for you.

Good idea to call the stores. The stores have different sales and inventories than online. You might just find what you are looking for!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards