Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: We came THIS close.....

Another WELCOME HOME! We own at SSR, but are thinking of an add-on. You'll love it! And don't forget to check out the discounts and perks for members!
    Sunshine Rewards

I am so jealous. Since we rented points in January we have been off and on about buying, how to buy, when to buy, how much to buy. At this point we are thinking we will buy a 100-125 point resale for SSR in February. Tax refund. But we will see. We just know we will be renting points for a 2 bedroom for a week when we take his parents on 2009 and I figure might as well use that money for our own DVC.

I am so glad you decided too. I loved DVC just from our one visit. You are living some people dream.
    <Sunshine Rewards

m4travels is offline Deep breaths, everyone. Stay calm. Back away from the computer.

and let me add my: WELCOME HOME!!!!!!!!!!!

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by m 'n c View Post
    Ok I'll give you the cons that I've picked up from reading others posts which you can rationalize if you want since I do not know much about DVC

I would not buy DVC because they expire. They are not deedable (ie can pass down to your kiddos after death like other timeshares). I also do not know much about DVC - ie can they be exchanged for other non-disney locations- but I"m not sure if I want to be forced to go to Disney every year. Sometimes it is nice to go to Cali or NY or some other place besides WDW.
    This is not true. You can add the DVC to your living trust and make a child an 'associate.' I know this because my parents bought this year, a gazillion points at BWV, and they were reassured time and again that the DVC CAN be passed down to relatives if worded correctly in a trust. It's right there in black and white in my parents investment paperwork, etc., and I guess someday it will be mine. However, I'd rather have my parents around for another 20 years....

And you can exchange the points for vacations just about anywhere around the world. Hawaii, Vegas, the coast, Alaska, Europe, etc.

And to the OP- WELCOME HOME! I am sure you will LOVE every visit with your points.
    Sunshine RewardsRobin

Quote Originally Posted by wilsonfamily4 View Post
    I am so jealous. Since we rented points in January we have been off and on about buying, how to buy, when to buy, how much to buy. At this point we are thinking we will buy a 100-125 point resale for SSR in February. Tax refund. But we will see. We just know we will be renting points for a 2 bedroom for a week when we take his parents on 2009 and I figure might as well use that money for our own DVC.

I am so glad you decided too. I loved DVC just from our one visit. You are living some people dream.

this was part of our thought process as well - we are taking a trip next August with our family (me, DH, DD7, DD5, DS1) and my parents and my brother and sister. We had reserved 3 rooms at ASMo. The more we thought about it, the more sense it made to just do it now so we could enjoy it with the whole family next year!! And for many years to come.....

Thanks for all the welcomes everybody - hubby just got off the phone, and we are officially staying in a 2 bedroom savannah view villa for 6 nights next August!!!
    Christina
    Sunshine Rewards

Magical JenK is offline I'm weird like that

BAMM!! Right in the eye!!

Quote Originally Posted by zoodoyle View Post
    We did it!!! We finally did enough number crunching to make it happen. It will definitely take some sacrifices (no more recreational shopping for me ) but it'll be worth it! We bought into AKV - took us a long time to decide where, but with both of our backgrounds being in animal care, we have more of an emotional attraction to AKV. Now we wait for all of the paperwork to arrive!!! Thanks for all the advice everybody!!
    Congrats! I've been watching your thread & so excited to see you did it! What a great thing! Enjoy your new home in the most magical place on earth!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Member Since 01/01/2007 Addiction makes the reward balance higher! ID#4800

WOOT! Congrats!
    -NOn DisBoards
    Next WDW: POP 09.04-14.08 & Free Dining
    Past WDW: 04.01, ASMO 07.05, 09.05, 09.06, 09.07.

bbangel is offline Those of us on the fun coast can party some more!

I know what it's like to be stupid for days

Welcome Home!

You will find that playing with your points can become a new obsession. No more need for shopping!

I'm planning my first trip home in May and just added an extra day for less points by splitting my stay between AKV and OKW. I was dancing with joy the whole day!
    Sunshine Rewards

You guys are really lucky! I wish my husband loved Disney as much as I do. I want to buy DVC, but he doesn't think it's worth it. We might rent points this year or next year though, so maybe he'll change his mind!
    Dorothy

Sunshine Rewards

DH says when we come into money we will buy...where is my long lost relative????? Unfortunately, no lost relative here.....
    Angela
    Come read my blog! http://chattywomen.com/events - Angela's Events
    Sunshine Rewards