Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: We came THIS close.....

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Quote Originally Posted by linanglab View Post
    DH says when we come into money we will buy...where is my long lost relative????? Unfortunately, no lost relative here.....
    If Mike and I ever win the lotto and can retire I'll send a few points your way then we can go together.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by m 'n c View Post
    If Mike and I ever win the lotto and can retire I'll send a few points your way then we can go together.
    Sounds great! I will do the same for you!
    Angela
    Come read my blog! http://chattywomen.com/events - Angela's Events
    Sunshine Rewards

Just stumbled across this thread - Welcome Home, Christina!

We bought at BWV in the late 90's and have added on once. Our kids were actually older when we bought, and I truly wondered if we'd continue going often enough to really use all our points. I can honestly say I don't have to think too hard about how to 'spend' those points, and we've had some wonderful times that just wouldn't have happened without DVC. Stayed in a 2-bedroom with DSis and her hubby, got a studio for DH's brother so that he could join us for a couple of days on another trip. My first ever December trip was 3 years ago with 3 co-workers - never would have happened if we'd all had to pay for accommodations. Now when we take DS and his wife and other DS and his girlfriend, we all stay in a 2 bedroom. We wouldn't be going all together if we had to pay for rooms for each of us, even at a Value resort - and we're all together at the end of the day rather than retiring to totally separate rooms. We've never regretted it for a minute!

Jeanne - happily residing in Wisconsin Badger country

Thanks Jeanne

We are so happy we did it! Though I'll admit that extra payment every month was a large part of why I went back to work part-time last week We can't wait to use it for the first time in august - we are going with my parents and my brother and sister, so 9 of us all together. As of now we have a 2-bedroom at AKV, but we are thinking of switching to WLV at the 7-month mark..... we'll have to see what's available! I'm sure we'll never have a problem using our points, and we'd love to add-on more when we get a chance!!
    Christina
    Sunshine Rewards

Welcome home Christina!

You will not regret your decision or current sacrifices since your family is still so young. You have 50 years of vacations!!!

Did you know DVC will be building a resort in Hawaii? you can use points to take a Disney cruise? of use points for Adventures by Disney?

Now the cruises and adventures are not the best use of your points. But we are toying with the idea of selling our 2009 points and use the cash to pay for the adventure to Germany. There are adventures to Italy, Ireland, China, and many other places. Just think, when the kids are raised and gone there will still be your points for DH and you to use for some exciting vacations.

Honestly, the sooner you buy into DVC the better. The little things you are giving up now will not be missed compared to all the memories you are about to make with you family.

Laura
    Disney Myspace GraphicsSunshine Rewards

Thank you, Laura! Our only regret is that we didn't do it 10 years ago But that's what everybody says!!
    Christina
    Sunshine Rewards

Just to clarify on some previous post:
    You CAN will your ownership to anyone you like.
    There are resort choices and vacation packages all over the world.
    You can also use your points for Disney Cruises.

We've been DVC members since 2005 and we LOVE it! However we live in Florida and go to the Disney World several times a year for all the special events, plus our regular vacations. Our only regret is that we didn't buy more points!

However, if you have to finance the buy then I wouldn't do it. Save up the money first, invest into savings, etc. A DVC ownership is much more worth it when you can buy out right. Then the only bill you ever have to worry about for vacations is a once a year tax/maintaince fee! Makes vacationing a whole lot more relaxing!

Good luck with your decision!

I have to agree I have owed timeshare not at Disney but since 1986. I love it. I would suggest to buy resale. I literally stole my 4trh of July week on Cape Code Mass by resale I also perfer to have a deeded timeshare that I can pass down to my children not something that expires. The maintainance fees can be expensive some places and cheaper others. This is also something else to think about. You probable could buy in Orlando but near Disney and save quite a bit of money. The reason that I bought in Cape Cod is that it is only and 1/2 hour drive from my home. So if there is a year that I cannot afford airfare I can always drive. On several occasion we have exchanged to Kissimmee and spent 4 nights there and three in the park. This worked nicely for us and saves us quite a bit of money. We have traveled to 11 different states using our timeshare. It is a nice way to see the country and still feel like you are in a home. Hope this helps
    Sunshine Rewards
    "
    Jo