Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trying some new things - any opinions?

The lettuce wraps are in the appetizers section so not a bad price either!

Quote Originally Posted by dwkay8 View Post
    Yak & Yeti
    We'll be trying lunch here. Is it good enough to try even if I can buy Chinese food in the frozen section of Kroger? The food that passes for Chinese in Indiana is pretty terrible, but I'm second guessing this one. Even if the food is good, I'm wondering if the time and money might be better spent elsewhere. Are the wok fried green beans and fried wonton dessert as awesome as reported?
    We eat here every trip. The Pho is good. We like the atmosphere and have never had a bad meal. We never had the green beans or dessert wontons.
    The Wave
    I'm pretty excited about this one as it wasn't really on my radar until last week. It will be our splurge of the trip, so I'm hoping it's awesome!
    Another every trip restaurant. We usually have lunch but are trying dinner in two weeks. The sustainable fish of the day is my daughter's choice. I really enjoyed the Italian Chef Salad on one trip. Desserts are fun!
    Sci-Fi
    For lunch. And yeah, I've heard all the terrible things. But I'd really like to experience it, and we'll be eating sandwiches at lunch. How bad can they be?
    Love, Love, Love the milkshakes! We usually share a burger or sandwich and go for the fun and silliness of the movie clips.
    Liberty Tree
    For lunch this time! I'd almost bet Tom will get the pot roast, and I'll get the chicken pasta. Anyone had these dishes or other lunch experiences?
    This is our MK lunch spot. I've had the pot roast - excellent. I never had the chicken. We've had a pasta dish that was good.
    I haven't broken the news to Tom, but I'm hoping to do the Wishes dessert party too!
    Never been!
    Enjoy your foodie adventure!
    Fanofree

Sunshine Rewards

What is and where is the Wave? Sounds intriguing!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Heather
    Dreaming of our next trip......Nov 3-13, 2012!!

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Quote Originally Posted by momof3lovebugs View Post
    What is and where is the Wave? Sounds intriguing!
    I *think* it is in the Contemporary
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by m 'n c View Post
    I *think* it is in the Contemporary
    You are correct

Fanofree - I'd love to see a review of your Wave dinner if you'd like to post one after you return home!

Now, if people would stop asking me to do work, I could earn some money for our Yak & Yeti lunch...

Y&Y is on our short list of places we want to try soon!

The Wave is a nice atmosphere, good smoothies, nice focus on local/seasonal ingredients. I did get food poisioning from the lamb shank, was probably just a bad night and we were eating there late...so I don't hold it against the place. Everyone else loved their food and the mini desserts are fun!

Sci - fi (recommended to me by Kate, and we will be eternally grateful! ) is the best atmosphere! So fun and cool, a truly unique dining experience The boys just love it and the food is pretty solid in my book. Good sandwiches, burgers, and we love the shakes/desserts!

Have a great trip!
    Sunshine Rewards
    Carrie

Quote Originally Posted by LuvMyBoys View Post
    The Wave is a nice atmosphere, good smoothies, nice focus on local/seasonal ingredients. I did get food poisioning from the lamb shank, was probably just a bad night and we were eating there late...so I don't hold it against the place. Everyone else loved their food and the mini desserts are fun!
    I hadn't heard anything about their smoothies. One of the original things which got me interested and made me look at their menu was the focus on local foods. I try to do that at home, so why not on vacation?

Sorry to hear you got food poisoning, no one wants that especially on vacation, but that's great that you didn't let it ruin your opinion of the restaurant.