Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trying some new things - any opinions?

Default Trying some new things - any opinions?

Hey, SR members, I'd love to get your feedback on any of these restaurants you've tried. We'll be off the dining plan this October and I'm determined to try new restaurants! We did this in January, and it was a mixture of success and failure, but mostly success

Yak & Yeti
    We'll be trying lunch here. Is it good enough to try even if I can buy Chinese food in the frozen section of Kroger? The food that passes for Chinese in Indiana is pretty terrible, but I'm second guessing this one. Even if the food is good, I'm wondering if the time and money might be better spent elsewhere. Are the wok fried green beans and fried wonton dessert as awesome as reported?

The Wave
    I'm pretty excited about this one as it wasn't really on my radar until last week. It will be our splurge of the trip, so I'm hoping it's awesome!

Sci-Fi
    For lunch. And yeah, I've heard all the terrible things. But I'd really like to experience it, and we'll be eating sandwiches at lunch. How bad can they be?

Liberty Tree
    For lunch this time! I'd almost bet Tom will get the pot roast, and I'll get the chicken pasta. Anyone had these dishes or other lunch experiences?

I haven't broken the news to Tom, but I'm hoping to do the Wishes dessert party too!

spring is offline Hey, there is no traffic better than all of us! They need to get a grip!

I can only comment on the Wishes Dessert. We went last August and absolutely LOVED it! It was pricey, but a real treat for us. Great fireworks position without being in a mob scene.
    PAT - 21X SUPERMEMBER
    Sunshine Rewards

bbangel is offline Those of us on the fun coast can party some more!

I know what it's like to be stupid for days

I'm trying Yak and Yeti this June. Most of the reviews I've seen have been pretty good for the restaurant (better than the CS). I imagine this one is largely a matter of taste so you really need to try it to see.

Sci-Fi is definately more a place for atmosphere than food, but my mom and I did okay here. They helped me out with something off the menu since I wasn't feeling well and it turned out fine. Just get a milk shake and that will make it all better

I've only done LTT for supper so no help there and I've never been to The Wave.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by spring View Post
    I can only comment on the Wishes Dessert. We went last August and absolutely LOVED it! It was pricey, but a real treat for us. Great fireworks position without being in a mob scene.
    With MNSSHP, we'll only have one chance to see Wishes, so I figured it would be a win-win to watch it without the mob and to eat desserts! I saw a picture earlier today that someone took from the Noodle terrace before fireworks started, and it looked like it would be a good view! Glad to hear positive things about it!

Quote Originally Posted by bbangel View Post
    I'm trying Yak and Yeti this June. Most of the reviews I've seen have been pretty good for the restaurant (better than the CS). I imagine this one is largely a matter of taste so you really need to try it to see.

Sci-Fi is definately more a place for atmosphere than food, but my mom and I did okay here. They helped me out with something off the menu since I wasn't feeling well and it turned out fine. Just get a milk shake and that will make it all better

I've only done LTT for supper so no help there and I've never been to The Wave.
    I've seen pretty good reviews for Yak & Yeti too. Since we're paying cash, I think I might have to sacrifice this for the dessert party I'm so torn because I really want to try it. I just need to do more surveys at home!

We'll definitely have milkshakes at Sci-Fi! Cookies n cream for me, chocolate for Tom!

we ate at liberty tree 3 years ago for MNSSHP, and had a great time. the food was delicious and we loved the characters. i wouldn't go there for dinner now, since the price is the same but there are no characters, but if lunch is less expensive, i would give it a chance. the atmosphere of the restaurant that night was slightly spooky, sort of "legend of sleepy hollow".

Here's my feedback in red. You've picked some good ones!

Quote Originally Posted by dwkay8 View Post
    Hey, SR members, I'd love to get your feedback on any of these restaurants you've tried. We'll be off the dining plan this October and I'm determined to try new restaurants! We did this in January, and it was a mixture of success and failure, but mostly success

Yak & Yeti
    We'll be trying lunch here. Is it good enough to try even if I can buy Chinese food in the frozen section of Kroger? The food that passes for Chinese in Indiana is pretty terrible, but I'm second guessing this one. Even if the food is good, I'm wondering if the time and money might be better spent elsewhere. Are the wok fried green beans and fried wonton dessert as awesome as reported?

LOVE Love love Yak & Yeti! We eat here nearly every trip. Yes, the fried wonton dessert is beyond awesome (second ONLY to the bananas foster bread pudding at 'Ohana), the honey chicken is to die for, and the shrimp and steak entree is my all-time favorite. Plus the interior of that restaurant has so many interesting artifacts to look at that you barely notice the wait for your food. Try to get a window table close to parade time and you can watch that while you eat!

The Wave
    I'm pretty excited about this one as it wasn't really on my radar until last week. It will be our splurge of the trip, so I'm hoping it's awesome!

We ate at the Wave when we stayed at the CR the night before our cruise in March. It was delicious and the service was great. I usually choose restaurants for themeing though, and this one while nice was not themed *as" anything so did not stand out for me.

Sci-Fi
    For lunch. And yeah, I've heard all the terrible things. But I'd really like to experience it, and we'll be eating sandwiches at lunch. How bad can they be?

Loved Sci-Fi. The atmosphere was great!! Loved their burgers & shakes.

Liberty Tree
    For lunch this time! I'd almost bet Tom will get the pot roast, and I'll get the chicken pasta. Anyone had these dishes or other lunch experiences?

We enjoyed LTT for lunch. Believe I had the strawberry shortcake for dessert here

I haven't broken the news to Tom, but I'm hoping to do the Wishes dessert party too!

Oh I'd love to fit this in someday!! Good luck

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Well we tend to eat sit down meals at dinner rather than lunch so I can't really help with Liberty Tree Tavern. I have eaten at Sci-Fi for dinner and we did enjoy that very much. I would expect lunch to be about the same as dinner menu wise.
    Sunshine Rewards

I can give you my opinion on two of them. Yak & Yeti has delicious lettuce wraps that I eat as my main entree and even then I end up sharing with the rest of my family. We also like the honey chicken. We like to eat a late lunch here and cool off in the air conditioning.

At Sci-Fi we also eat lunch here and always go for the shakes and onion rings which are delicious.

Thanks for the responses!

I didn't notice lettuce wraps on the Yak & Yeti menu when I looked, but I would love to get that for an entree! I am actually going to try to make some at home this week. We're eating at one o'clock, as soon as we can on our first day, so it would be too early for the parade. But, I'm also excited to see the inside of the restaurant because if the theming is half as good as the rest of Asia it would be awesome

I guess I need to find a way to eat at Yak & Yeti and do the desert party. Hmm...if there weren't so many Real Housewife marathons on I would have more time for surveys