Thread: 1-800-Pet-Meds - which states disallow cash back?

Default 1-800-Pet-Meds - which states disallow cash back?

I ordered some heartworm meds for my dog today to get $7 cash back. The SR site says some states don't allow cash back for prescription meds. Are heartworm meds considered "prescription" meds? If so, where can I find if my state doesn't allow cash back for them?

1-800-Pet-Meds is located in FL and so am I. I couldn't find any info by googling. Thanks!
    Melanie
    Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by rumrunnergirl View Post
    I ordered some heartworm meds for my dog today to get $7 cash back. The SR site says some states don't allow cash back for prescription meds. Are heartworm meds considered "prescription" meds? If so, where can I find if my state doesn't allow cash back for them?

1-800-Pet-Meds is located in FL and so am I. I couldn't find any info by googling. Thanks!
    I'm not sure, but I do see a credit for you.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

That's good news! Thanks!
    Melanie

Quote Originally Posted by rumrunnergirl View Post

Heartworm meds are considered a prescription. When you ordered, didn't they require one from your vet? Yes, by law, they can't pay on these so if this credits for you consider yourself very lucky. Did you order anything else with it?
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

Yes, they required the vet phone number, so I guess it is "prescription", even though they sell it at the front counter. I was thinking 'prescription' meds were when your dog was sick or had a condition that required constant meds.

My vet called today and my dog is due for her annual check-up in August, and they said by law they can only allow meds up to that date, so they will price match for the three months. After her check-up I will be allowed to order 12-month's worth of HartGuard, so I will check back with 1-800 Pet Meds then.

I'm not getting the $7 cash back, but at least I'm getting a good deal, so that helps!
    Melanie

I ordered the Interceptor and I got my credit too. My situation/order is odd and I am surprised that they figured it out.

I have 2 Rottweilers (Max and Maggie). Max weighs 130# and Maggie weighs 118# so they each need 2 pills. I ordered 6 of the 100# and over pills and 6 of the 26-50# pills. This will give them both a 3-month supply. The vet said that it is OK to "overdose" Maggie a little bit. When it asks which pet the pills are for, there is no option to put both. So, they think that I am giving the 100# pills to Max and the 25-50# pills to Maggie. A pop-up came up, asking me to verify since it appeared to be an incorrect dose but it still let me go through with it. It also asked for the vet's contact info as well. My vet never called me, but the dogs were both in last month for their annual check ups and vaccinations.

I've never used 1-800-PetMeds before, but I think I will from now on. The vet quoted me $110 for the three-month supply and I got them from 1-800-PetMeds for only $78 AND I got another $7 to put in my vacation fund.

I see the $7 pending but you can cancel it because I cannot order the meds until August. I will try again then. Thanks!
    Melanie

Hi,
    I still have the $7 in my account. Is there a way for you to reverse it, because I was unable to order.
    Melanie