Thread: legal question for you, Tricia

Default legal question for you, Tricia

I was just thinking about something....do you think a creditor could garnish, or attach an SR account balance? If it's payable at paypal, they could get the cash, or would they have to attach the paypal account? Not in danger of this, just used to do it as part of my job before. Hadn't thought about it in awhile. Your legal brain may get more exercise than mine! LOL
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

I don't think so. Because we don't even collect social security numbers. I think only wages and investment income can be garnished, at least in most states. And technically, you don't have any "money" in your Sunshine Rewards account. You have Sunshine Rewards "credits" that can be exchanged for money.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

actually,you can attach more than wages and investment income. you can attach any number of different types of accounts. But the SS# may be an issue. and the credits may come into play. But paypal may be an entirely different story. Maybe I need to get a job. I can't believe I am thinking about this at 10:30 at night!

The PayPal is the one thing that could possibly be attached but not really related to SR. I was thinking garnishment in terms of recurring income. As far as seizing accounts in general, I guess the PayPal account could possibly be attached like a bank account. I don't think PayPal existed yet when I did bankruptcy law. LOL!
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Love the Smurfs

This is funny....when I refreshed this page in the forum, all of a sudden a bunch of "bad credit" ads started showing up in the rotating Google ad box at the top. LOL!
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Love the Smurfs

That's funny. Paypal wasn't a huge thing when I was doing creditor work, either. It just popped into my head tonight for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by cjnix32 View Post
    That's funny. Paypal wasn't a huge thing when I was doing creditor work, either. It just popped into my head tonight for some reason.
    Girl, you got too much time on your hand. You need to come to my house. Either that or you need my man Quintet to keep you busy. LOL.
    Sunshine Rewards