Thread: Help from crafters please

Default Help from crafters please

I am trying to find black foam sheets, 9 x 12, to make a Hollywood Walk of Fame for DS's school semi-formal. I am only finding multi-colored packs. Anyone have any idea on where I can find solid color packs at a decent price?

Thanks!
    Sunshine Rewards

Try Joann's or Michaels. I worked at Joann's for 6.5 years and we sold a product called Foamies. They are the foam sheets that are anywhere between 2mm and 6 mm thick and are about 9 by 12. It was maybe a quarter a sheet. I don't know if you can get them in a pack, but you should be able to buy the sheets individually.
    "Tomorrow I start with a clean blanket."

Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by mmm611 View Post
    Try Joann's or Michaels. I worked at Joann's for 6.5 years and we sold a product called Foamies. They are the foam sheets that are anywhere between 2mm and 6 mm thick and are about 9 by 12. It was maybe a quarter a sheet. I don't know if you can get them in a pack, but you should be able to buy the sheets individually.
    That's just what I was going to say! I used these to make Mickey heads for our door last year.

PS-I don't know where you've tried, but I think Hobby Lobby also sells them in individual sheets for pretty cheap.
    Last edited by dwkay8; 05-12-2010 at 11:07 AM.

Thanks - I've been to Michaels and AC Moore and they sell the black sheets for .49 a piece. And we have 204 kids so that's quite a bit of $ for foam. I wish I could find big packs of solid so they might be cheaper. The hunt continues. Thanks again!
    Sunshine Rewards