Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Let's Get Moving!

spring is offline Hey, there is no traffic better than all of us! They need to get a grip!

Quote Originally Posted by m 'n c View Post
    If you know how to convert steps to miles sure! I just am not that sophisticated
    I went to ask dot com and found out there are approximately 2000 steps in each mile, with exact amount depending on your stride. With that new-found knowledge in mind, I might just go get myself a pedometer. Thanks for thinking up this challenge, Cate.
    PAT - 21X SUPERMEMBER
    Sunshine Rewards

I'm interested, but I am really bad at measuring distances. The pedometer sounds like a good idea. Is there a good, CHEAP one around somewhere I can get?
    "Tomorrow I start with a clean blanket."

Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Quote Originally Posted by mmm611 View Post
    I'm interested, but I am really bad at measuring distances. The pedometer sounds like a good idea. Is there a good, CHEAP one around somewhere I can get?
    Maybe try drugstore.com since they have product reviews from people who buy the items.
    Sunshine Rewards

I'm up for the other trackers. Unfortunately, as I sit here with my leg in a splint, I am going to have to pass on this tracker. Or does visiioning my walk work?!!!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by cjnix32 View Post
    I'm up for the other trackers. Unfortunately, as I sit here with my leg in a splint, I am going to have to pass on this tracker. Or does visiioning my walk work?!!!
    You can envision yourself walking after you recouperate!! And then come join in!
    I had a site that converted steps to miles and one that calculated your bmi (which is a scary thought right now )I will see if I can find them and post.
    Heather
    Dreaming of our next trip......Nov 3-13, 2012!!

All right, I went ahead and did it. I also got a pedometer at Target, since I had gift cards there and it would be free. I googled directions to my brother's apartment and decided I would walk from my address to his, and that ended up being 221 miles.

Sunshine Rewards

We can always use more joiners and supporters!
    Quote Originally Posted by mmm611 View Post
    All right, I went ahead and did it. I also got a pedometer at Target, since I had gift cards there and it would be free. I googled directions to my brother's apartment and decided I would walk from my address to his, and that ended up being 221 miles.
    Heather

spring is offline Hey, there is no traffic better than all of us! They need to get a grip!

Quote Originally Posted by m 'n c View Post
    Maybe try drugstore.com since they have product reviews from people who buy the items.
    I took your suggestion and ordered one from drugstore. Now, I have to figure out how to put a ticker factory thingy in my siggy. I seem to be able to do it but can't update by clicking on it, despite setting up a password and pin. Can somebody give me really specific instructions?
    PAT - 21X SUPERMEMBER
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by spring View Post
    I took your suggestion and ordered one from drugstore. Now, I have to figure out how to put a ticker factory thingy in my siggy. I seem to be able to do it but can't update by clicking on it, despite setting up a password and pin. Can somebody give me really specific instructions?
    I just clicked on it and followed the steps. You have to choose your ticker, then your slider, then choose miles and miles when you have to input choices. I did steps first and my first try gave me a ticker with 250 steps instead of 250 miles. Heck, I would've been done in 20 minutes!!
    When it gives you the options to copy and paste to your message board, I used the first one, however, they have extra stuff in there, so when you come here to paste, preview it first and see what shows up as your ticker and just delete everything else that isn't.
    Did that make sense?
    Heather

Sunshine Rewards