Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I will be out for a little bit this afternoon.

When I got to the clinic everyone was at lunch, so I did my own urinalysis on both dogs. Kaiser, the one with cancer, his didn't improve much, so I had them send it out for a culture. That will tell me exactly which antibiotic to use, since I've used two already that aren't working.
    Zeus...well, his looked completely normal. Very strange. I was really hoping for a UTI. When I came home, the house had been a pee fest, so I pulled up all the throw rugs and put them in the washers and cleaned the entire house down with clorox water. When DH came home from work, i had him clean the bedroom carpets with the rug cleaner. The house smells a lot better, but the peeing is still going on, thankfully its only been on the lanai since I've been home. Kaiser is eating well. Zeus won't eat anything. So, I'm going to give it a couple days and see if its the side effects of the prozac hes been on (ya, you've read that right). He seems very touchy when it comes to anxiety meds. I'll know in a couple days, it will be out of his system. Lets ALL pray thats all it is.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

Quote Originally Posted by sunshinecindy View Post
    When I got to the clinic everyone was at lunch, so I did my own urinalysis on both dogs. Kaiser, the one with cancer, his didn't improve much, so I had them send it out for a culture. That will tell me exactly which antibiotic to use, since I've used two already that aren't working.
    Zeus...well, his looked completely normal. Very strange. I was really hoping for a UTI. When I came home, the house had been a pee fest, so I pulled up all the throw rugs and put them in the washers and cleaned the entire house down with clorox water. When DH came home from work, i had him clean the bedroom carpets with the rug cleaner. The house smells a lot better, but the peeing is still going on, thankfully its only been on the lanai since I've been home. Kaiser is eating well. Zeus won't eat anything. So, I'm going to give it a couple days and see if its the side effects of the prozac hes been on (ya, you've read that right). He seems very touchy when it comes to anxiety meds. I'll know in a couple days, it will be out of his system. Lets ALL pray thats all it is.

Hugs to you and your furry family

Sorry you did not find any answers today, I hope you will find them soon, and your doggies we both start getting better...
    -NOn DisBoards
    Next WDW: POP 09.04-14.08 & Free Dining
    Past WDW: 04.01, ASMO 07.05, 09.05, 09.06, 09.07.

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

I hope you figure it out soon, for your saniety and their health!
    April
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by askomsky View Post
    I hope you figure it out soon, for your saniety and their health!
    April
    And my tile floors and carpets.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

Quote Originally Posted by sunshinecindy View Post
    And my tile floors and carpets.
    That too!
    Sunshine Rewards

Cindy I hope you can figure out what is wrong with Zeus.
    LydiaSunshine Rewards

spring is offline Hey, there is no traffic better than all of us! They need to get a grip!

I'm so sorry, Cindy. I think it is better when you actually have an explanation for the behavior. Hope you find one really soon.
    PAT - 21X SUPERMEMBER
    Sunshine Rewards

arob414 is offline Was able to finally get home and get in a quickie

And, everywhere I go, tonight, people are snapping and beating or banging or something and I am lost.

Is there any possibility that dog number 2 is "aware" of problems with dog number 1. Either just plain jealousy over increased attn with number one or upset over his illness. One of my dogs, who had never pee'd in the house, started wetting the floor when we got a new puppy. Our current dog, pees when she is upset, like us leaving when she didn't think we would. I hope all gets better at your house. And, what about your brother? I have been busy, but not as busy as you, and I haven't heard about him. I hope he does well, too.