Thread: buying airplane tickets

Default buying airplane tickets

is there a click thru shopping site i can use to buy tickets for alaska airlines. we are going to disneyland in december and i think its time i buck up and bought the tickets. i would like to earn some sunshine rewards for the hefty purchase (well, hefty to me!)

any suggestions?
    :

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Have you looked at the travel websites like Priceline or Travelocity? I have used Priceline in the past and received credit (although it is small compared to the price of the tickets)
    Sunshine Rewards

thanks! i looked and saw that it was only 1.50 per ticket. that seems so little compared to the ticket price! i was just hoping that there was another way to make more!

question for you...i have never bought thru priceline or travelocity. always bought directly thru the airline itself. i assume its safe. price is the same.

i guess i should just dive right in.

how about travel insurance? i am canadian though.
    :

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Yeah the prices were about the same and it works just like buying through the airline. You get a confirmation and then you just go to the airport and check in or you can check in online with your reservation number.

Those companies offer travel insurance but I haven't bought it before.
    Sunshine Rewards

I've looked into this a bit here as well and the most I could find were, as Cate said, the travel sites like travelocity or expedia. My husband just booked a flight last night with expedia and you get 2.00 back per roundtrip flight. It's not a lot considering how much money you blow on airline tickets, but if you're booking them anyway...
    Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

bbangel is offline Those of us on the fun coast can party some more!

I know what it's like to be stupid for days

Quote Originally Posted by ADO121 View Post
    thanks! i looked and saw that it was only 1.50 per ticket. that seems so little compared to the ticket price! i was just hoping that there was another way to make more!

question for you...i have never bought thru priceline or travelocity. always bought directly thru the airline itself. i assume its safe. price is the same.

i guess i should just dive right in.

how about travel insurance? i am canadian though.
    Try Travelocity.ca if you can get it to work. That way you get the prices in CDN dollars. You may want to purchase insurance separately to cover your whole trip with exactly what you want. CAA sells pretty good comprehensive insurance. If you aren't too concerned about specifics you can use travelocity's insurance (good basic insurance)

And it is very safe. They will even send you notifications if the airline changes the schedule. Once I had the airline completely cancel a flight and they helped me rebook (with better connections!) for no extra money since it was the airlines fault.
    Sunshine Rewards

Travelocity credits VERY fast, you don't even have to take your trip for them to credit. And when it credits it just goes into your account, no pending. At least that's been our experience recently!

And since it's $2 for each flight booked, that's nice too. Ooh wait, .ca has different wording...

At least on .com there are no booking fees, so the prices have been the same as direct. However, with Alaska, at least the last time we booked through them, they have a time period after booking where they give you credit if the fare goes down. It's not all the time like SW, but it's nice, and they round up to the nearest $25 (at least when they booked), so it's possible you will want to book with them directly and just forgo the sunshine. Maybe. It's a gamble.
    Sunshine Rewards

m4travels is offline Deep breaths, everyone. Stay calm. Back away from the computer.

I've used Travelocity, Expedia, and Orbitz in the past all with great success.

One thing you have to remember, though, is that once you book with them, if you have any issues at all with your ticketing you will have to contact those companies to deal with changes, etc. They are now acting as your TA and the airlines will only (okay, "only" is pretty definite and I'm sure someone will say that it didn't happen this way for them) deal with the TA.

Some folks find this very frustrating as they want to talk to the airline themselves if there's an issue. Getting on the phone and being on hold with them just to be told you have to call Travelocity, Expedia, and/or Orbitz is not a fun thing for some. I'm now retired so I can sit on the phone and wait while playing Bejewelled Blitz on Facebook if I need to! The house DOES clean itself!!!
    Dude
    Oh, the tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards