Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Need Shoes!

Default I Need Shoes!

Okay...."need" is probably a strong word because I already have a lot of shoes. But I "want" a new pair for Disney in particular. Here are my thoughts so far:

1) We're likely to ride a few water rides this time and I don't want to have wet sneakers and socks on those days.

2) And yet, I want to wear shoes that are comfy for walking all day.

3) I have a pair of Prima crocks, but they are all washed out and faded from years of wearing them on the beach. I like them, but I do not like the "cayman" look at all.

4) I was also thinking that maybe I need a new pair of mule sneakers because my old white ones are yucky. Something that looks good with capris and skorts. But I don't want to get TWO new pair of shoes.

Is it possible to find a pair of shoes that fits all of the above? I can get them wet and not have them be nasty. But they look cute with capris and skorts. But they are also comfy. And don't cost a fortune. LOL!
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

I have a pair of Avias that look like the Keen sandals. More comfy than any sneakers to me, dry very quickly and I think they look fine with any kind of casual outfit. When this pair wears out, I will definitely get another pair for long days of walking. They rock. This is the style I mean - you can find them in tons of colors... As a second choice, I'd say Tevas...many styles and they are made to dry quickly and are extremely comfy (although not the most stylish).

Sunshine Rewards

I'd sugest croc adaras (they just look like a sandal), or Teva mush flip flops.
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

Never thought I would recommend a "flip flop" for WDW, but by far the most comfortable touring shoes I have ever worn in hot weather, and to WDW in particular, are the Crocs Capri sandal. I have flat feet that tire very quickly, and I like to walk fast...believe it or not, these flip flops work great. Never had the slightest bit of irritation. The bottoms are the usual croc material, and the straps are microfiber so they do not absorb water at all. I"ve bought at least two pairs for each of the last three summers.

I've also had good luck with most from the Clark's Privo line. They make some "fisherman" type sandals/shoes that have also done well at WDW. QVC has quite a few cute styles, but I don't see the ones I bought there two years ago. With these I did end up having to use some molesking at the back of my ankles but that is to be expected after walking for 8 hours in August. I am thinking about the Privo A188200 for this year.

I'm a firm believer in the crocs cleo. I have worn them to Disney several times, and had no problems with my feet. They are cute, comfy, can get wet, and come in a variety of colors. They are my absolute favorite pair of sandals!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

spring is offline Hey, there is no traffic better than all of us! They need to get a grip!

Quote Originally Posted by Hedy View Post
    I'd sugest croc adaras (they just look like a sandal), or Teva mush flip flops.
    I LOVE Teva Mush flip flops. They are cushiony and provide great support for your feet, dry quickly, and come in all sorts of cute patterns and colors.
    PAT - 21X SUPERMEMBER
    Sunshine Rewards

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

Sorry to hijack this thread but I would love to get some information. I would love to be able to wear something cute but my feet are flat, fat and wide and I can't find anything that fits, except my birkenstocks which I live in but I would love to be able to wear something like Tevas, the ones that I've tried are not wide enough, anyone have any recommendations for odd size feet?
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

Of course I just found a 20% off coupon on Shoebuy. Oh, the decisions!!!
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Quote Originally Posted by PSL1013 View Post
    Sorry to hijack this thread but I would love to get some information. I would love to be able to wear something cute but my feet are flat, fat and wide and I can't find anything that fits, except my birkenstocks which I live in but I would love to be able to wear something like Tevas, the ones that I've tried are not wide enough, anyone have any recommendations for odd size feet?
    My mother has a bunion that made her formerly narrow feet needing a wide shoe, she has this guy in a couple of colors. http://www.teva.com/ProductDetails.a...l=Ventura+Cork
    Last edited by Hedy; 05-14-2010 at 08:42 PM.
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

Quote Originally Posted by Hedy View Post
    My mother has a bunion that made her formerly narrow feet needing a wide shoe, she has this guy in a couple of colors. http://www.teva.com/ProductDetails.a...l=Ventura+Cork
    Thanks Hedy, those are really cute. I have plenty of sandals, what I was really looking for is a Teva or Keen type sandal shoe, where your foot is mostly covered, yet is breathable. Maybe someday these companies will think of making something for people with a wide foot, probably in the same boat with people who have really narrow feet, my mother wore a 5-1/2 AAA shoe, no idea where I got my feet from?
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES